Sign in to follow this  
corviarbob

westshine nvr/dvr question

i have a westshine 8 ch dvr and 8 ch nvr all in one unit. it came with the normal admin and blank for pw to log into the system.  well that was ok for a long time and then i  decided to add another user and logging that user in. well for some reason now the unit will not let me log into the system to make changes. i know the pw as i have it written on the unit.  and now it will not let me even log into the admin side of the login. so what i would like to know is if there is a switch on the board that will let me pull it off the pins or move it form one set of pins so i can force the thing to just plain do and forced reset. i could un plug the battery but that may also clear the bios and then i have a brick. 

so if anyone has a clue on how to get past the admin and blank for these? or how to reset them using the main board and reset pins or unplugging it and shorting across a set of pins i sure need to find out. i have to make a few changes.

Westshine don’t make recorders they only rebadge them xmeye or avtech they use 

90% of them xmeye 

this is todays code …. Runs out at midnight

case sensitive 

HCzyku9136

are you saying that is the admin pw?  i thought they were all numbers i need the admin pw so i can log onto the device and then reset my password.  being today is 12-1-23 that code if it is the pw might have ran out. i just go it. thanks

are you saying that is the admin pw?  i thought they were all numbers i need the admin pw so i can log onto the device and then reset my password.  being today is 12-1-23 that code if it is the pw might have ran out. i just go it. thanks

ok i got if figured out now. i had to download the xmeye app and go thru the user name and pw and because i did not have it i had to use the scanner on the phone to scan and get a code and then  entered that and of course that failed but it did then kick into a reset mode and let me redo the questions and password for teh admin and that then let me into the system.  so thanks for telling me that is was not a westshine but an xmeye and that allowed me to figure it out.