Sign in to follow this  
Pablo56

CCTV emailing help

I bought a home CCTV system last year. HI-Look.  Did ask for help and was even advised that it is not supposed to be used in this county, but I see now balloons overhead. If anyone knows anything about this, can they help me with the email setup. It is supposed to send me an email if someone breaks in. Personally, I would have preferred an SMS though. I am attaching a screen shot of the questions it is asking. I do not understand Select receiver I seem to have a choice of 1,2 and 3. What does it require for receiver? I get a pop-up keyboard here.

P.S. I have also sent an email to easyspace, my email provider also.

CCTV.jpg

To use SMTP you'll need the username & password of that email account to send from.

Port 587 is fine, this is the SSL enabled port (you'll need to enable SSL/TLS).

Some email services don't allow a device like an NVR/DVR with your standard login information. Gmail for example requires you to make a 3rd party application password.

Example with Gmail:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fq_kWZmZYo

Sorry for not getting back to anyone here but I am still trying to get to grips with this.

To use SMTP you'll need the username & password of that email account to send from. The from is the NVR. It's the to is mine.

I have a sender and a sender address. Is this the email address of the NVR? It does not have an email address I am asuming receiver 1,2,3 is for sending up to 3 emails to diffrent email address's This is waht  have now.

CCTV-Email.jpg