Sign in to follow this  
Pablo56

Powerline CCTV.

Hi. I bought a CCTV system last year (HiLook). I was told that these were banned in the UK because of Chinese involvement. But as this is for a basic home use it works for me. I was looking for an additional camera to add. I found myself on a website for Basecom. I was surprised to find that you can get powerline cameras. I asked them about getting one and was told that their power line cameras were not compatible with my system. But if the output of a power line receiver is a standard CCTV cat5 cable I would have assumed that it would be a simple matter of connecting up. Am I wrong in this? Are the cables all different?

I also realise that I would have to supply the 12V myself.

I only want a second camera and a power line one would be great. 

5 hours ago, Pablo56 said:

found myself on a website for Basecom. I was surprised to find that you can get powerline cameras. I asked them about getting one and was told that their power line cameras were not compatible with my system.

Hi when an over priced company lies to you then it’s a hint they have no clue 

powerline adapters have been around for years and IS NOT NEW TECHNOLOGY by them

just buy a set of netgear powerline adapters and you have the same and work on any iP camera 

and don’t buy anything from that company 

they have listed 1 cam 1 nvr for £1.200 ($1.800)  that has to be the most expensive one cam system in the world and that’s not fitted