CollinR

GV passwords.

I have gotten a system totally jacked up and now I cant get into it. It auto logins with a limited account. Once auto in it starts the TCP and Web servers and camera monitoring.

I don't seem to have any other logins and I shafted, I have tried everything I can think of...

Uninstalled/Reinstalled the software.

Manually deleted the GV directory. + Above

Deleted the XP user the software had been installed to. + Above

Went to another GV v8 machine and used it's backup/restore function. +Above ( )

Attempted the PassUnInstll.exe +Above ( )

Where are they hiding this stuff?

Any other ideas?

Obviously you can PM me if you don't want to post how to do this to the internet. I just don't want to fdisk this one as it is XP sp0 and takes forever to update.

TIA,

Collin

Edited by Guest

v8.01

This system at one time had an older version of the software and a different hardware card. It seem to me it is using a fraction of the old configuration but not all of it. The passwords obviously don't work but it is stuck with autologin and it has the old camera names and only the first for channels enabled (used to be GV250-4 old, old, system. Hence the XP sp0 ).

The drivers and v8.01 software installed without a problem and local video appears to work fine.

The current card is the GV800 I won earlier this month, I put it in my work desktop and it worked fine but I bought bcak this older geo system and I thought I would just use it as a dedicated box.

Okay now I have it down to only the password config being borked. It doesn't autologin or know camera names anymore.

They hid this pretty good, I thought for sure my last round of uninstall/reinstall would get it. I manually deleted alot more stuff and dug through the registry still no luck.