team_player

PROBLEMS VIEWING OUTSIDE OF NETWORK ???

i have done everything to my knowledge setup host name my port forwarding when i type the host name from inside the computer network it will acess it but when i try from outside on another computer it wont acess it.

I am using a netgear WGT624 V3 router but when i go to look at the attached devices i can see the dvr but it doesnt come up with the ip address or the name it only comes up with the mac address

My dvr is a AVT AVC780W my ip has been set on it i left the port on 80 gateway is right left the dns as is.

If your DVR uses port 80 set your port forwarding to bring external requests on 81 to internal 80. Lots of ISPs block port 80 or charge more for it.

Hello,

1. Is the DNS server set in boty of your computers? Does the DNS server work well?

2. Does the router block 80 port?

3. Do you install any anti-virus software or firewall? if yes, do them block the web port?

Check the firewall option in windows, also be wary because even though this can be disabled, third party programs like Symantic Client Security can have it enabled but not show it as enabled (in windwows firewall section) and after installing the program that enables the firewall it defaults the windows firewall back on and you would not think to look