johnt

GV-1480 DirectDraw & Video Issue

Hi All,

I recently installed a new Geovision system using a GV-1480 card and everything is working OK except for one issue. I enable the video card to "full acceleration" which activates DirectDraw support. But when I start Geovision, all I see are blue squares where the video feeds should be. If I turn off acceleration and turn off direct draw overlay, I see the video feeds (which don't look too great). I run DXDIAG and it says everything is enabled and tests fine.

Specs are:

ATI Radeon 9250 256MB Video Card running newest Catalyst drivers

Pentium D 2.8GHZ CPU

1GB of RAM

Windows Server 2003 R2

Any help is appreciated!

John

Hi,

I am not sure of the particular company because it is a Dell PowerEdge 830 server. But the mobo has the following spec:

800mhz FSB

Intel E7230 Chipset

2MB Cache

Thanks for your response!

I had post the same question with GV 1120. based on Rory answer i got rid of the Nvidia 6200 video card. Then I used the onboard video, it just worked fine...

With that Video card, you dont need to make any changes in the ATI software for Geo to work ... can you uninstall the ATI software and drivers and Reinstall, leave all settings default and see what it does then.

Hardware Acceleration should be set to Full by Default, on win XP at least.

Windows Server 2003 may be an issue, not sure how well supported it is by Geo. You may need to contact them direct regarding that. If you have XP i would suggest installing that instead, tried and proven for the GV Cards.

I was thinking about installing XP. Like you said, Server 2003 is a little unreliable in terms of Geovision and the video card. I may do this Monday and give an update.

Would the direct draw overlay not working cause the pixelated and jaggy video feeds I am getting? I have everything set to the highest resolution in Geovision.

Thanks for your help!

John

Yeah if you turn off Direct Draw overlay you will get that lower quality, wioth jagged edges .. though there are jagged edges with most PC DVRs in live view on the VGA anyway .. so also check your recording as that is normally better than the live view, with the Combo cards.

Are you also using the Spot Monitor Feature?

I am not using Spot Monitor. Come to think Geovision has been a little funky concerning the video settings. Lot of the advanced video settings I wasn't able to change when I wen't to set everything up. I also try to change the resolution and quality for Webcam, but when I make the changes it doesn't save them. The next time I go to that window it is back to the original settings.

All of this probably has to do with the video card/Server 2003 problem. I think your on to something with XP.

Thanks!

John

The webcam settings thing is normal .. well as far as it goes .. it seems like it should save it but it doesnt .. have to do that when you start Webcam server.