Arockerdude

Car burgulars cought on camera

Some kids tried to steal my Honda again. That's why I put up the cameras two moths ago. I had just got home from work and saw them pull up. They should learn not to mess with us night workers!! Next time I'll chase them down with my Silverado that was sitting out front.

Anyway thought this would be a good way to get some input on my cameras. Even though it's just a small video. Just click below for the video.

The two Black and whie cameras are a Pelco CCC1395 and a Panasonic WMV 474 both true Day Night cameras. Thanks for looking. Dave

Ps is there a proper place to put this video on this website? Or somewhwere else on the web maybe?

http://fototime.com/58831F27E992156/conv.wmv

Wow .. watch out chasing them down though, never know if they have a weapon or not .. but yeah if I saw someone trying to steal my jeep id most likely be out there too .. though course i dont leave my front door without a machete at least ..

Did the Cops come that quick .. ? Or was there a time difference?

Also is that on a DVR or VCR?

PS. here or the General Discussion, or Test Bench forum are fine ... no where here to actually host the video files though.

Rory

It took the cops 12 minutes.

And it is a DVR. It may be my weakest link. It is a Swann dvr4Netplus. 400 gig Hard Drive. This link explains it. Can't get many replies to the posting that go's with this link comparing the Swann DVR4NetPlus with the Geovision 800. I have a chance at Geovision800 card for $300 right now. So I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to switch over. Dave

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7004

Nice video setup.

Wow - you got pretty close to 'em there. If I were you they would have never got away from that scene without injuries, guaranteed. I'll reserve my tactics to the self defense forums though...

ya your crazy. If i was you I would have just called the police and let them catch them in the act. Or atleast approached them with my gun already pulled.

There was this one time when I had to adjust a camera for a location that was gettting hit constantly. It was about 10:4r 5 pm. So I was on the other

side of the property and saw them coming on so I called the police department. I hid on the other sdie of the building while they were stealing several riding lawn mowers. ( hey were in arkansas) . And the police were there in 5 minutes. And when they arrested these 3 masked thiefs they found pistols on each one of them!

From then I have carried a concealed weapon.

Call me crazy, but I would just have walked out calmly (with my glock) and held them there until the police arrived.

On the other hand, if you would have had a Extreme CCTV Reg cam on there you probably would have gotten their plates too. We just got our first one and it's amazing, it doesn't see anything except for the plates-- strange but very effective.

Cops there in 12 minutes ... darn .. when we call them here we're lucky if they ever turn up at all .. if anything we dont expect to see them within 1 hour ... after dark here they lock themselves down and play dominos all night ..

Well done and 12 mins for the police!!! Here in the UK it took almost 5 days for them to turn up look at my CCTV and decide as i didn't have the name and address of the person attempting to steal my car they couldn't do a great deal (i kid you not).