Mike

Video System Crashed and I'm out of Ideas.

I'm out of Ideas.

One week ago my system crashed. The cause was a bad block on the OS drive. The drive ceased. Being an IT system administrator I should have known to install a raid card on that system. Reinstalled a new drive. Reinstalled XP. When I went to reinstall the GEO software, the CD was scratched. Tried to get a new CD from the Original Vendor, but it seem they are no longer in business or something, I was unable to reach anyone. I did have a copy of the installed software from the old drive, and was able to read the version of the software (Ver. 6.0.0) However that software is no where to be found on the CCTV sites or the GeoVision Site. Only upgrades.

I tried everything to get that system to run. Installed every possible update, driver, but nothing works. I'm seeking help from anyone that has a copy of GeoVision Ver 6.0.0 Complete. The card is a GV800-8 V2. I've also asked GeoVision for a copy. Its a shame that a bad hard drive is causing me to basically purchase a new system. Thanks for your help. This forum has always been very informative, and very resourceful.

Mike.

If you pull the card and take pics of it next to the screen with this thread you'll probably find a dealer thats willing to help you.

The problem is piracy and thats why the software isn't handed out freely.

I don't have a copy of V6 so I personally can't help you but I know there are guys here who do.

ive got 7.04 but it will only work with a legit card, would need to double check first by taking a photo of the card and posting it here. That said cant be 100% it will work still, may have to check with a distributor on the version numbers and which versions work with what. I did upgrade a V6.0 version before to the 7.0 and that card used a dongle .. so maybe good.