Arockerdude

Will this monitor type work? Sony PVM-2030 Pro Trinitron Col

From what I can tell this is a really good monitor from the medical industry.

Sony PVM-2030 Pro Trinitron Color Video/TV 20" MONITOR

Will it work well for CCTV.

The part that sounds strange to me is the Resoluton 640 x 200 dots- Is that going to be the right resolution for a geovision 800 card?

Here are the specs. Thanks for you help. Dave

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/PVM2030.pdf

These were great monitors at the time....when I worked in the broadcast industry (15 years ago)....excellent analog picture.....PVM professional video monitor used in broadcast, not necessarily medical.

Never used the computer input but based on the specs of 640 x 200 it wouldn't be the best choice for your GEO card.....plus I think it is RGB.

Nice monitor, but was it ever heavy!!

I should mention that for now I will br using the CRT for my DVR. It has BNC output. All of those on TigerDirrect are VGA input. I have a computer monitor for when I do get the Geo 800 ready. Need onr for the DVR for now. Dave

Oh I see, nevermind.

I would just wait for Geo to be ready, if you can't wait use a TV (BNC>RCA adapter) that you can later use somewhere else in your home.

Basically the bang for the buck factor on CCTV monitors is really bad... You can get an ED TV for the same or often less $ and it has 700+ lines which is more then any of your cameras put out.

I say wait for Geo.