toughman

Where to buy power connectors?

Hi,

I am buying these connectors from RS for my camera installation. However, it is too expensive from RS. Can anyone tell me where I can get less expensive power connectors?

The connectors I need are female and male. (tip size: 5.5mm OD X 2.1mm ID)

TIA

Roger

Thank you very much for your replies.

RS is Radio Shack.

The connectors will be used to plug DC power into CCTV camera with 12VDC. These are male. In addition, I need female connector for DC power adapter for the power spurce.

BTW, does anyone know the good source of 12VDC(about 500ma ~ 800ma) power adapter?

Roger

I have been using something better. They actually come with the Kalatel cameras. Dont know what its called, but its has 2 screws on either side. I think they are called dual terminal strips. Radio Shack has them also. Makes it so easy so no soldering or tape is required.

$2.59, we pay $6 just for a twist on BNC connector here in the Bahamas

Just add the cost into the price of the camera, I add any accessories like connectors etc in my quotes.

Rory

yeah Radio Shack is going to be double anyway, he should check a local distributor or another electronics store. Otherwise, anything in the US that is say $2 is abour $6 here. I have to shop our local radio shack all the time as they are the only ones that tend to have the hard to find things over here, things that are so common in the first world, but things we only dream of here or see on the internet! Radio Shack here is sooo expensive. Sometimes I cant even find a certain screw I need, as all the hardware stores are out.