kelvin

how to setup most simple wireless surveillance??

I need to setup a simple a wireless surveillance for short term at a place of 50m diameters. Any idea how to do it

Use 8 units of Mpeg4 Wireless IP Camera. If quality of picture is not very important you can use the Axis 207W.

Picture quality is of the importance that I haven't found an acceptable IP camera. These are all outdoors and no lighting control, IR very possible.

Picture quality is of the importance that I haven't found an acceptable IP camera. These are all outdoors and no lighting control, IR very possible.

Actually, that reply was for TCS. How many camera & how far away is yours?

Range shouldn't be too much of an issue I don't see 2 cameras being more then 100 yards apart line of sight shouldn't be an issue. 8-16 cameras, solar stuff is interesting as well although battery power shouldn't be too big of a problem (no IR on batts).

Thank you msecure.... Im Kelvin not TCS .... heheh

Picture quality is very important...

Actually im thinking not to apply wireless IPcamera because i need to setup some box and IR camera. I heard that if using a wireless transmitter or wireless ip web server then there will be no issue on install whatever camera also can right?? Let say for 8 camera about 50m from DVR to camera. What is ur comment of how to do it and which brand should i go?

CollinR - you got the solution for using solllar poweR? will it be high cost? how to do it?

I have bad experience with wireless tranceiver/receiver(low end type, not those expensive types like Trango) so if you ask me, I will not recommend it unless money is not an issue. As for wireless video server, they would definitely do the job. In fact if it's a D1 resolution, it's gonna look better then most DVR. Problem is, have yet to find a good wlan video server with supporting software. Am interested in Solar power for CCTV too myself but so far have not find anything reasonably price.