za

overhaul of wiring for a 4 camera setup

I am trying to change my wires for a four camera retail area cctv setup. I am considering to get 4g59/u minicoax 25awg copper braid95% from penn wire. I dont know if I should keep my current wires(cheap siamese cable power and video I bought 100ft for 25bucks) for the power line and change the video connection or should i throw out the old cables all together?

Ive got a nubix 4 channel dvr I am also considering to have motion detection, is it easy to connect ?

I have read posts about cat 5 and Ive got a headache from all the technical jargon involved with instillation and controling the pan tilt .... should I just connect my four cameras and be happy??

I wouldn't use mini coax, just go to a local supplier and get regular RG59u and 18-2 siamese. The picture quality will be noticable, you should only use mini coax where you have to (inside AV racks).

The stripping of coax is no big deal if thats what you are concerned about.

thanks for that info, I didnt know what mini coax was

connect kiss smart.. you lost me, I guess your saying its a good idea to change wires?

what does the 18-2 mean?

Keep It Simple Stupid......KISS

In the Marines we always had that saying, along with; "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

that's why I stated, do the easy thing now and work the problems out IF you have problems.

If I were reinstalling for a client I'd replace the crap with decent. If the client wanted to keep the crap I'd install without a warranty.

No everyone out there has the deep pockets to replace all............and doing necessary now to avoid monster bills is ok as long as it works. You can always replace cable later if it causes problems.....and it will one day.

its a lot easier to KIS when you know what youre doing or if money is not a problem, neither would fit me so..

I ll order a 500ft spool i guess. Ill be reading some more..

if anybody has tips about decreasing glare other than turning off the lights.. all tips are greatly appreciated and many thanks to the people on this site for sharing the expertise for free. this is good while it lasts.. nothing stays free forever..(well I pay monthly for internet access)

oh I use a computer monitor for a display ( an old supervga that was priorly collecting dust in the garage)