gshultz1

Problem with DVR reseting every few minutes

I have a DVR connected to 4 24 VAC cameras and everything works fine.

When I connect one or more additional cameras (12VDC) to the DVR, the system seems to work OK, but every once in while the DVR randomly reboots, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes every few hours.

The spec for the DVR requires the camera input to be 1 V peak to peak and the camera spec sheet says that the output is 1 V peak to peak.

The DVR is made by GE model DVRMe-16CT and can accept 16 camera inputs. I have tried switching the inputs around hoping that ii may be one bad interface but this does not work.

Does anyone know what could be causing the DVR to reset? Could it be the camera signal into the DVR is not meeting spec or is it the different excitation voltage of the cameras or possibly something else.

Did anyone replace the Hard Drives ever, or is this default from the Factory.

How old is the DVR also

I will tell you what is most likely the problem is that you have a ground loop on one or more of your cameras. The dvr has a threshold that it can accept on the video level. Well a ground loop will make that signal go way above the threshold and as a safety feature will shut off.

does your dvr shut off with nothing connected? if not then its the cameras connected having induced voltage.

I agree that it sounds like a ground fault issue. I had a dvmre-16ct that did the same thing. I placed ground fault filters on the trouble feed. I used the pelco git100. The problem went away. If that does not work for you, send the dvr in for repair. The mother board on that particular model has been known to have problems over time. One way to troubleshoot the problem is to connect one camera at a time and see if it reboots. As you add cameras if the system does reboot, remove the first camera you connected, and so on. You may only have one camera causing the problem.

There was an issue a while back with ge recalling some of their 12vlt power supplys for the ge dvrs. This was for a rebooting problem. Easy to call ge teck support to find out.