Rebco

need help with a Condo system

Ok I have a friend (contractor) he's wants a system so his condos front and back front is 70 ft and back is 120ft sides i dont have to worry about but its in a not so nice area, can anyone suggest a good tamperproof domes, that i will get a good picture, I tryed to get him to get enclosers with box cameras but he said the last CCTV installed that did the last building told him to stay away from those, i don't know why.

Also should i tell him he should really get a camera in the parking lot entrance just in case?

Condo installation mainly focus on perimeter monitoring and also human and vehicle traffic at general areas. Of all the condo installatios i have deisnged and installed, the most important location for 2 camera to be installed at the carpark entry exit and additional 2 more cameras to focus on the driver facial image.

Second level of security are genral areas such as lift lobby and playground

Third level are carpark areas (multi-storey carpark) including the ramps. no point placing a camera whre the car speed is fast as we would not be able to capture details except car color and make.

Perimeter monitoring cameras are mainly used to replace photobeam and fencing security systems which are very costly. With motion recording becoming a standard in all DVR units, it can be used to replace these expensive fencing security systems.

Simply set the motion triggering areas on screen to the areas of the fence which needs protection. Then set the output (standard in most DVR) to trigger an alarm at the guard post

FIY, i have previously installed a custom made vandal proof outdoor metal enclosure for a condo perimeter fencing. This is required only when the owner is not content with standard vandal resistant outdoor enclosures such as from Pelco or Bosch.

thank you, for the reply,those are some good points i haven't looked at.

i found out the hard way that when you buy vandal proof domes you have to make sure you get the 3 axis ones.