Arockerdude

Installing Geovision 8.1 2 Partitions?

I just installed a 400 gig. Seagate Hard drive. I had to make two Partitions.

With two drive letters. C and D. What is the best way to install Geovision software. I would think put the Windows OS on C. And put Geovision on D. If I should leave Geovision on C. How do I get it to save video to D?

First I put the Geovision software on C. Than I also put it on D. Now it is only recognizing the space on C. Even though I am loading the Geovision on D. What is the best thing to do at this point? Thanks for the help. Dave

You should install windows on C and format the other 64k NTFS. Install Geo using the defaults and once complete in the config dead center it allows you to choose if it recycles of kill on date. Right there is the config for the video storage, choose a folder on D. DONE.

also set the video log to the same drive you set the video storage to.

video log setup is in the main setup menu also.

What size did you make drive C:

Ive been doing 20GB now for C: to have room for video Backup .. had to backup a couple hours the other day and it was 6 GB .. thats alot with only a 10GB partition .. so make sure you assign some space for video backup .. even if you are going to delete it afterwards. Maybe even its own partition.

I do Fat32 for C and NTFS for D (Video) .. but thats just me ..

in an ideal world you'd probably put the page file on its own partition (2nd partition on the first drive) and assign a spot for all temp files (anything that changes) other than the C (System) drive .. but i dont right now .. though it would be to help prevent or lighten fragmenting of the OS drive. You could also then chuck Geo on its own partition ..

but we're jumping the gun here . .. just do what Colin said above ..