buba

Need help with network setup for dvr avtech avc760

Hi all,

I am a newbie , i just bought the AVTECH stand alone dvr

http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_13_760.htm

it works fine, iam trying to setup the network but iam not good in computer networking, the instruction said : build an area network by connecting DVR to PC with a network cable, then log in DVR with the supplied AP software to configure the DVR, (AP software is installed in my PC)

I used the RJ45 cable connect directly from my PC to DVR and tried to log in DVR using AP software provided, but it failed.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

If you are going to connect computer to dvr only you need a cross over cable for it to work. I you have a switch or router you need a stright through or normal cable. Also your DVR needs an address or has a network address you will need this to conect PC to DVR in either case.

Thanks, ill get the switch and try it, the DVR has the default IP adress according the manual. I'll post the result, thanks again

I used the HUB, the default DVRs IP is 192.168.1.10 ( according the manual ) and i set my Pc is 192.168.1.11 . Tried log in using AP software provided with default password and port 80, nothing happen, ping 192.168.1.10 (DVR) , request time out. Help please!

if its just local .. not needing to connect remotely .. then you can use a hub or swich .. just make sure they are all the same IP Range, as you have above (double check the DVR though), the same Subnet Mask, and the same gateway. then using a normal Network cable and the hub or switch, you should be able to connect.

Also check that the port is in fact 80.

If you want to connect from a remote location, then you will need a router or some form of routing device which at that point you would need to enable the port forwarding for the DVR also.

Rory

I did what you instructed me, but its not working, its a AVTECH DVR-760 stand alone system,. Thanks

could it be something wrong with the DVR internal network card? or the default IP address is different than it told in the manual? how can i check the default IP address? the DVR is recording and viewing ok except the network.

This is the first step of Network setup manual that i have to do first before i can view it over the internet. Thanks

Operation Instructions

Please build an area network by

connecting your DVR and your PC/NB

with a network cable. Then, log in your

DVR with the supplied AP software for the

following settings.

NOTE: Your NB/PC and DVR must be under the same domain to build an area

network. Please change the IP address of your PC/NB into 192.168.1.X (X

can be the number between 1~255, except 10) for login. The default IP

address for your DVR is 192.168.1.10, and the default account/password are

admin/admin.

Press “SYSTEM CONFIGâ€

Are you in australia? I would be happpy to pay you to get my DVR 760 going on the internet. any cnance we could get together and chat? Been fighting mine fore several weeks now.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Matt

Dear sir,

I just brought AvTech 760 DVR, and I'm very interested with your explanation. Since you have successfully browse the DVR over the internet using PC.

I plan to browse the DVR from mobile phone. Have you try to browse using Symbian or Windows Mobile phone?

everything works excellent through the internet with the Video Server E, but if I go in my browser and type the IP address, I do get the nice login screen, but when I type in the username and password the page says page not found

Thanks for all your help.