ALONELYCRUMPET

PROBLEMS BURNING TO CD-R ON SAMSUNG DVR 5HR-2042

1ST TIME I EVER USED A SAMSUNG DVR AND MOST LIKELY THE LAST,

CANNOT GET ARCHIVES TO BURN ONTO THE ON BOARD CD BURNER,

MANUAL SUCKS and I CANT GET ANY TECH SUPPORT........CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS..............I DID NOTICED THAT THE ARCHIVE WAS LIKE 2GIGS BUT THE BIGGEST CD-R I CAN FIND IS 70MBS I TRIED A DVD-R BUT DVR DID NOT RECOGNIZE.CAN ANYBODY HELP????

I'm not familiar with that unit so I can't help out that much but your CD/RW is only 700mb capable, that means its not ideal to "archive" onto a CD. Your most likely going to get no more than about 30 minutes worth of video onto your CD.

If I looked up the model correctly, it looks like it has USB 2.0, this means you should be able to hook up a portable USB hard drive to the DVR and archive to that. You can buy USB hard drives for less than $100 nowadays.

Let us know how it all works out.

I'm not familiar with that unit so I can't help out that much but your CD/RW is only 700mb capable, that means its not ideal to "archive" onto a CD. Your most likely going to get no more than about 30 minutes worth of video onto your CD.

If I looked up the model correctly, it looks like it has USB 2.0, this means you should be able to hook up a portable USB hard drive to the DVR and archive to that. You can buy USB hard drives for less than $100 nowadays.

Let us know how it all works out.

tHANKYOU I WILL PICKUP USB HARDDRIVE MONDAY MORNING AND TRY IT OUT, i WONT BUY SAMSUNG AGAIN THE MANUAL IS POOLY WRITTEN, AND THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT, ONLY GOT IT BECAUSE ADI HAD IT MARKED DOWN. THANKU FOR YOUR HELP

Plese be aware not all DVR's that state USB 2.0 can handle any flash/hard drive. Some actually will only handle 32MB and lower flash drives. Also, the USB 2.0 may be there for admin and bios upgrade purposes only. So, before you waste your money I would check with Samsung.

If you can explain a little more in depth on how the DVR is not burning, that would help.

thanks,