Rebco

need a cable spool holder

seen a cable spool holder i don't know were but it was made of plastic 2 side pieces that are square have matching holes and you can put the pole between them, i think it was from a company in canada, please help. Thank You

I use a set of saw horses that has an indentation that allows me to put the conduit on. It holds the conduit relatively securely and the spools spin on the conduit. The saw horses I use are plastic, they fold up so they take up very little space and are light and convenient to setup. I really like the product that I saw another user post. Seems like the same kinda idea but has actual holes to insert the conduit through, seemingly to hold it more securely. Personally though because I don't use siamese cable that comes on the spool much, I try to stick to cables that come in the relex boxes that unreel inside the boxes. I find it saves me a bit of setup time, less equipment to take to the site, less equipment to take home, and their more condusive to a distributued cable pulling approach. With the saw horse technque you either have to pull everything from a central location, or you have to have seperate saw horses from each point you begin a cable pull, which if you are pulling from the individual camera ends to the dvr can require a lot of saw horses or similar mechanisms.

CCTVMAN

If you goto the rackatier site, you can find the "distributor" link and then you can type in your zip code or city. This is your best bet. I picked them up at a local electrical contractors shop, they cost me about $65/each.

A quick search on froogle.com shows a low price of $75...

We have used a product sourced in the UK called kablemate. It is triangular plastic coated with rubber on the edges,and bars that are housed in the plastic sides when it is not used so it can be carried flat. Our installers love them and they save a lot of space. Also the plastic sides come preprinted with a warning sign, and the whole thing comes with a carry case. I think you can buy them online, do a search for kablemate uk.