ozeland

AV 760 Licensed AP software

I got the AV Tech DVR today and got it all up and working on my local intranet using the Network solutions disk that was with it but I did not get this licensed AP software. I want to be able to do a snapshot every few seconds and upload it to a website via FTP or some other way that is not too difficult. Does anybody know what software I need to purchase to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

you can go to cctvfactory.c and download it under model dvr8004. I got it going but i have trouble to setup to view over the internet, i did evrything that network manual show but could not view it, let me know if you get it working. good luck

The software you told me to download is and earlier version of what I already have. It will only FTP alarms not all of the time. I want to be able to FTP a still JPEG every 5 seconds to my website. I just need the FTP portion to be compatable with this AV Tech DVR. I was using PY Software to do this and it was easy before I got the DVR. I thought by getting the DVR networked it would be easy but it seems it is not compatable with the software that is made for dummies.

Yes I have tried their website. The new version of the program only allows you to FTP an alarm to your website and It looks like it was put together in 1 night. Terrible program. Do you know if your older version is available for download? It just may work....

Cheers,

Matt

i asked someone tonight, ill see if I can get it tomorrow (almost 6am here now). The program I used before sent the images fine over ftp, will let you know once i get my hands on it.

Thank you rory.....

If there is anybody else out there who knows a decent program to FTP a JPEG every 5 seconds or so from a AV 760 DVR please let me know. I do not mind paying for the program.

Kind regards,

Matt

I got the AV Tech DVR today and got it all up and working on my local intranet using the Network solutions disk that was with it but I did not get this licensed AP software. I want to be able to do a snapshot every few seconds and upload it to a website via FTP or some other way that is not too difficult. Does anybody know what software I need to purchase to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a avtech761. Mine came with the ap s/w disk but you can also download the latest ap software for free from avtech ftp.

Connect via browser to your avtech and it would show you a login screen. Then there is a button there that says download AP.

But the program would only ftp or email you the image when there is an alarm or event. I have personally tried the email and it works but not the ftp. So maybe if you set manual recording 24/7 then it would upload the images regularly but I'm not sure asI haven't done it yet.

personally, i have tried this dvr. just like other avtech dvr, this one could upload snapshot to a ftp server when there is event or alarm.

So, maybe you could try to make a timer,so it will send out a signal to DVR I/O (false alarm). then DVR will take it as alarm in, so you would have your snapshot to the ftp whenever you want.

just a little fantasy here.

Hi, you can download the latest AP from our website download page

securicorp [dot] com / cctv_support [dot] html

If you can connect to the DVR over LAN, you can connect to the DVR using Internet Explorer, just type in the IP (and port number if you have changed it) in the address bar.

You will see the browser version where there is a button to download AP, although the download is real slow from AVTECH's server!

personally, i have tried this dvr. just like other avtech dvr, this one could upload snapshot to a ftp server when there is event or alarm.

So, maybe you could try to make a timer,so it will send out a signal to DVR I/O (false alarm). then DVR will take it as alarm in, so you would have your snapshot to the ftp whenever you want.

just a little fantasy here.

Yup. Think this's the way to go for the newer model.

Hrdwired a timer that's hook up to close loop every 1 mins, then connect to the I/O for the DVR. You'll force it to upload a image.

But then again, if you sent the video motion detection properly, there's no reason for you to force an update coz the picture of what you are uploading will be the same as the one already on your ftp.