jkubala

Lost Video Message on all Cams

I just upgraded from V8 to V8.1. Geovision GV600. V8 was very unstable in that the system would reboot and the GV system not come back on. It is a relatively new GV600 with a Dell Optiplex 260 series PC. I upgraded the memory on the Dell to 1Gb. That didn't help, the system still kept crashing about every 12-15 Hours. Now since the upgrade from V8 to V8.1 all I get is LOST VIDEO on all camera's. Wondering if someone could check the system if i give them the necessary info to connect via RealVNC? Any support would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

I have a new GV-800-16 card that came with 8.01 and worked fine. I downloaded/upgraded to 8.1 and it installed fine (remembering my camera brightness, contrast settings, etc.) but I also get the "Video lost" displayed in the multicam view for my attached camera. I noticed that when Multicam is started with one camera attached to "input 1", I get Video Lost on all the other displayed inputs except the one with the camera. That input is black for almost 25 seconds before displaying the "Video Lost" image as shown on all the others. Also, if I move my active camera from "input 1" to "input 2", the delayed black screen moves with it. This tells me that the card "sees" the camera, but something doesn't sync up properly. I wanted to use 8.1 because of the newer G-View Version 2 to my 3G Windows Mobile phone.

BTW, I've uninstalled/reinstalled three times now ensuring that all the drivers were removed/reinstalled properly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Schwazche

run the GeoVision Remover in this link ..

reinstall and see if it still happens.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7608

If it still does it, you may need to delete the Geo Settings Files located in the windows directory and reinstall again.

Also, make sure you installed the GV8.1 drivers first.

You can just run the Driver Installer file and it will uninstall any old ones first.

Thanks for the quick response rory. I had already tried a manual uninstall of all drivers (video, audio, codecs and applications) and just tried using your AutoDrvInst /U and your georemove apps (thanks for writing/compiling those, BTW) but to no avail. I also went through the registry and deleted all the geovision keys as I'm proficient at Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately, I get the same thing. Black screen for about 25 seconds when initializing or moving the camera from one input to another on the GV-800-16, then the "Video Lost" screen. FYI, I also successfully ran the Version8DetectionTool on my card beforehand and downloaded my 8.1 files from ezCCTV.

Sadly, it looks like I may had to revert to 8.01 and lose the streaming facet of G-ViewV2. One of the reasons I chose Geovision in the first place.

Please let me know if you can think of anything else to try as I'm definately not a quitter. Sorry to be a pain. Thanks again in advance!

Schwazche

The only other thing I could suggest is to back up all the Geo*.ini files in the Windows folder. Remove Everything again, if doing it manually, do Uninstall, and then remove the Geo Folders Created (usually the root drive). Then delete all the Geo*.ini files in the Windows folder.

Uninstall the drivers.

Run CCleaner, both cleanup and issues.

Restart.

Reinstall the 8.1 drivers, and reinstall the 8.1 Geo Software.

The other registry items shouldn't matter.

If it works now, then its just a matter of importing the settings, somehow

Rory

Thanks again rory. Still having the same problem. I just sent a message to geovision so we'll see how they respond. One thing I noticed is that the 8.1 drivers I have show to be GV800(S) and I have a GV-800 V3 card. For some reason, I seem to recall the 8.01 drivers being named something other than GV800(S). Will the "GV800(S)" Video /Audio drivers that came with my 8.1 software work on my GV-800-16 V3 card? I wonder if anyone else has a V3 card running 8.1.

goto RegEdit ..

look in this section

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI

The Geo Video Driver should be within the first 3-6 PCI keys ..

When you find it .. look for the hardware ID .. and open that value and copy paste it here .. i want to check it out ..

It should look something like this ..

PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763C800A&REV_11

Also, copy paste the CompatibleIDs value.

Rory

I really appreciate your help. I see multiple entries as noted below. I wonder if that could be the problem. Do you only have a single entry under the HardwareIDs and CompatibleIDs? This is the requested key information for the 1st [GV800(S) Video Capture #A]. This is repeated for each of the other 3 Video Capture keys (B,C and D)

DeviceDescription

GV800(S) Video Capture #A

HardwareIDs

PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800A&REV_11

PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800A

PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&CC_040000

PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&CC_0400

CompatibleIDs

PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&REV_11

PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E

PCI\VEN_109E&CC_040000

PCI\VEN_109E&CC_0400

PCI\VEN_109E

PCI\CC_040000

PCI\CC_0400

Thanks again!

Schwazche

No, i have multiple like you also ..

In the GVSeriesV.inf file its saying its a GV800S, and using the GV800S.sys file .. and the driver_info.ini seems to have a match .. so unless its not an S card then it may just be a coprupt driver SYS file ..? Maybe try searching for that file and deleting it .. first uninstall the drivers .. then try it ..

then reinstall the drivers again .. maybe download them again. Or just overwrite that sys file with a newer one ..

best to send that info you just posted to Geo and see what they have to say ..

GVSeriesV.inf***

%DVR.GV800SA%=GV800S, PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800A

%DVR.GV800SB%=GV800S, PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800B

%DVR.GV800SC%=GV800S, PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800C

%DVR.GV800SD%=GV800S, PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800D

;======================= GV800S

[GV800S]

AddReg= GV800S.AddReg,Common.AddReg

CopyFiles= GV800S.CopyDrivers

[GV800S.AddReg]

HKR,,DevLoader,,*ntkern

HKR,,NTMPDriver,,GV800S.sys

[GV800S.CopyDrivers]

GV800S.sys

[GV800S.Services]

AddService = GV800S,0x00000002,GV800S.ServiceInstall

[GV800S.ServiceInstall]

ServiceType = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER%

StartType = %SERVICE_DEMAND_START%

ErrorControl = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL%

ServiceBinary = %10%\system32\drivers\GV800S.sys

driver_info.ini ****

[GV800SID]

GV800SA=PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800A&REV_11

GV800SB=PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800B&REV_11

GV800SC=PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800C&REV_11

GV800SD=PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_763D800D&REV_11

You should put a test monitor on one of the feeds. I know it seems obvious but I had a dealer call me last week after after going through something like this just to find he had the pigtail in the wrong port.

EDIT:

If you do a port range forward 3300>6500 to the DVR and PM me an admin login and your IP/domain I can look at the config with control center. Then you don't need to configure VNC, just startup all the CMS servers.

Thanks CollinR,

I'm talking with Andy Chen at Geovision about this problem and if we don't get anywhere I'll be glad to get you the remote access. It's really refreshing to meet people such as you and rory and be a part of such a helpful forum. Oddly, I enjoy a good challenge like this. It makes me a better engineer....

Schwazche

I had a similar problem. I was using the Blue pigtail to just do some tests and i'd plugged it into the black one ( Cams 1 to 8 ). This was on a combo card.

Boy, you had me excited there for a bit. I just checked and (sadly ) I had both of the D-SUB15s plugged in correctly. Thanks though 501... You know, it's gonna be something simple I believe... If I can only figure it out....

Schwazche

I want to thank everyone for their help and thought I'd give you an update. GeoVision has been helping me directly on this. Superb company to work with. Andy Chen in Taiwan support and his counterpart Alicia in California have been helping out. We first tried upgrading to 8.11 with the same results and they've spent considerable time collecting information, (pictures of the card, driver and configuration assurance and testing via VNC, etc.) They're stumped so far saying that everything is configured correctly and the drivers are correct. They said it looks like the cameras aren't putting out a high enough signal via 8.1x code and we even tried using a DVD player with composite video to no avail. I've gone back to 8.01 which works perfectly and am waiting to hear what they'll do next. The company is on vacation from the 17th through the 25th for the Chinese New Year so 8.01 will work fine until they're back. Plus, I'm just a lowly techno-geek playing around so I'll be fine until they get back. Anyway, I'll let you know the final outcome once we get this rectified.

Thanks again to all who've helped. I hope to return the favor somehow.

Schwazche

First I want to thank Rory and everyone here at the forum for all their help and suggestions as I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to 8.11. After working extensively with GeoVision they determined that I had a "near-perfect" pirated GV-800-16 GeoVision card. I had sent high resolution pictures of both the front and back of the card to their Tech Support in Taiwan as well as here in the states and it took them two weeks of testing to determine that it was a forgery. A very "good" forgery that would run the 8.01 software that came on the accompanying CD as well as pass the GeoVision Version 8 detection tool but fail on 8.10 or 8.11 code. Bottom line is that I bought a brand new GV2008 and things work perfectly now. Again many thanks for everyone's help, especially Rory, and please forgive me wasting your time with what I bought as a "Genuine" GeoVision GV-800-16 that turned out to be a fake.

Just to help others, I'm posting pictures of the card. Remember this fooled GeoVision so it just goes to show that you really have to be careful:

55716_1.jpg

55716_2.jpg

No prob .. looks so much like a Genuine card ..

Im surprised it isnt .. but if they say so .. they know better ..

Glad the 2008 works though .. let us know how it goes ..

Rory

Didnt they check the serial or origin of purchase,

I bought some cards from hong kong company (as I got ptz and others cams from them also) so close to real also cept the sw came on disc with no version and no dongle when v7 was out, it was v6 ..

was sus, then all these issues std and so I returned them and got refund cause I threatened to fly there and sort it out, they were sold fakes as OEM

When did you buy your card and who from

might help otheres from ebing bitten

Thanks again Rory. Gonna have to vacation down your way so I can buy you dinner at least...

You're tops. my friend. I'm still indebted.

schwazche

Didnt they check the serial or origin of purchase,

I bought some cards from hong kong company (as I got ptz and others cams from them also) so close to real also cept the sw came on disc with no version and no dongle when v7 was out, it was v6 ..

was sus, then all these issues std and so I returned them and got refund cause I threatened to fly there and sort it out, they were sold fakes as OEM

When did you buy your card and who from

might help otheres from ebing bitten

This is probably the same outfit. These were sold as "genuine" although they also mentioned "OEM" which is, of course, horse feces since GeoVision told me so. One thing that interests me is the that you mention the software disc with no software version..... I'll post a picture of my disc that certainly looks legit, but doesn't have any reference to a version on it. It did have 8.01 code though as I could also use a downloaded version without issue. Andy Chen at GeoVision in Taipei said that he as concerned about the chip in the lower left showing "800C". He thought that it was a card that should have only been distributed in China. Also the serial number had everyone at GeoVision concerned, both in California and Taiwan, because it looked legit but they couldn't match it to a shipped product. These pirates were well informed......

schwazche

Here's a picture of the "Genuine" disc included with my card. This had the complete 8.01 software with documentation on it and I could download and install the 8.01 software from GeoVision. I assume they made the card work with this version, but GeoVision made changes that it wouldn't accept in newer code. One thing is that I never saw the "fake" display that others have seen. You'll notice that there's no reference to the version on this like I've seen on legitimate cards. Hope this helps!

55732_1.jpg

Edited by Guest

That has been one of my greatest fears using Geo for the past years. Now that Geo doesn't post a list of authorized distributors on their website, I e-mailed USA Vision Systems Inc (as listed on the geo site), but they didn't ever get back to me. Nothing worse than guessing.

There's one that used to be on their list, i use them still .. they are one of the forum advertisers .. ^^

But there is a simple tip for all electronics ..

dont buy them from Hong Kong.