I am new to the IP CCTV System, So please bare with me.

I would like to know how to install 4 IP Cameras in my Office with out disturbing my network Server. What all the unit do i need to record at least 15 Days.

Please let me know

Thanks in Advance

Your question leads to quite a few questions.

Are you wanting to put it on the same physical network?

How much spare bandwidth there is on this network segment?

What type of routers do you have?

Can you make a VLAN to segment the traffic?

It should be quite easy to do but you need to be a little more specific about your setup.

I would suggest that you consult with a professional CCTV guy before you mess up your existing network setup and spend endless hours fixing it

if the camera's are all within the same building and you can wire them.....run RG-59 siames cable and connect analog camera's....................

if you must have IP camera's then you'll have to install a seperate network for the.......and a seperate DSL connection also. If not, it will NEVER be seperate and it WILL have to connect to your couurent network.

You can get a high speed router/switch that you can program to eliminate croosing into your current network but those switchs will cost you some cash.

Depends on the IP cameras. If the 4 IP Cams are MPEG-4, then you will be able to stream full resolution @1Mbps/each, which will have nearly no impact on your current 100Mbps network. If you don't have enough space for another 4Mbps on your current network then you really should upgrade to a 1000Mbps network whether you install the cameras or not.

I agree with WirelessEye. With only 4 IP cameras, you should be able to integrate them into your existing network without a problem. Right now I'm doing testing on 8 cameras within a 10/100 network with 8 other PC's running as well. Everything is running fine here.

As long as the cameras are not mega pixel and taking up a lot of bandwidth, running 4 cameras within your network should be fine.

Do you know which cameras your going to purchase?

The original question asked if it could be done without upsetting the existing systems. Without knowing what bandwidth is being used now and what the applications are on that lan segment, it isn't possible to say it will not affect the systems in place now. I agree that MPEG4 is better but what if one system was an intensive 3D cad system or a heavily used database system? There comes a point on 802.3 networks especially if they are not switched where the you can get excessive retransmissions if the network is physically long. Add a continuous background traffic flow and you could be in trouble.

Be warned!!

True, but as my original post stated, if he doesn't have the 4Mbps to handle 4 MPEG-4 cameras, then his office needs to upgrade anyhow (whether or not they install cameras). If they have no room to upgrade (they are already on a 1000Mbps network and are almost out of room) then they will need to use seperate LAN's. Most small to medium businesses do not use all of a 100Mbps LAN, much less a 1000Mbps LAN.