VooDooCC

Need info. on used camera, all I have is model number

I was given a camera by a roommate, who's place of work was upgrading their security system. All I have is the camera, with a model number PFAVC597.

It has two connectors, one I believe is for power, and the other one is a "push and twist" female coax. I believe for video. I am wanting to put this on a remote control truck (because of size and weight, it would be better than a camcorder) and use a transmitter to record my buddies while skateboarding. However, I need to figure out what kind of power supply it requires to see if it would even be practical. I have a background in electronics, so building the power supply and transmitter would not be a problem, it's just that I don't know how much voltage or current to supply it.

Got a pic of the camera? Is it a bullet cam, or box cam?

If its a bullet, is it this model avc597 ? Google that see if its the same camera and you should get specs for it.

If its not, then can you not just open the camera and take a quick look at the inside, should be easy for anyone with a background in electronics to figure out if its mains, 12v dc or 24vac by looking at the board.