dbinaz

Other cam software for GeoVision?

Is there other software that will work with the Geo cards? I have a 1480. I just don't need all that stuff and I want something that I can easily integrate with CQC Home Automation Software, whether it's a webpage or something else.

Thanks,

Derek

Here are the SDK information for your reference, since our SDK has its own limitation on function development, if you can let us know your requirements first, then we can double check to make sure whether it can be done via our SDK. In additional, since our SDK uses two programming languages, Visual Basic 6.0 & Visual C++, it is necessary for the purchasers to have the knowledge and experiences of software integration.

GeoVision SDK (Software Development Kits)

We offer a serial software development components and tools to help system developers to develop the applications with Geovision surveillance system.

LiveX Component

can receive video/audio streaming data through network, and can offer input/output control, PTZ control, etc. This component use ActiveX technology to develop.

Single View DLL

can receive video/audio streaming data through network. It is a DLL file which was developed by Visual C++.

RPBX Component

can remote playback through network and run remote database query. It was developed by ActiveX.

DMIPC (Inter Process Communication)

is a DLL file and library. It can integrate with GeoVision surveillance system perfectly by using this library. This library can receive video data from capture card, input/output control, event list, etc. It was developed by using Visual C++.

MultiView SDK

helps users to customize the MultiView Application's interface.

RemoteEmap SDK

helps user to customize the RemoteEmap Application's interface.   

Announcement

The GeoVision Software Development Kit (SDK) is designed for users to customize certain applications that run on the GeoVision Surveillance System. Two programming languages, Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual C++, are supported to use the SDK. To fully take advantage of the SDK, it is necessary for the purchasers to have the knowledge and experiences of software integration.

GeoVision only provides technical support for the components included in the SDK, including LiveX Component, RPBX Component and DMIPC (Inter Process Communication).

This is all the info I have, anything further I would suggest contacting Geovision directly

Does anyone know about how much this sdk cost as it might be useful to me?

Now I've created a custom pda application by watching the traffic between the gview application and the geovision server using a port sniffer. Now it's pretty limited at 320 x 240 jpg's because that's what the geoserver sends out but I added a multiview to watch 2 cameras at a time on my pda and I don't get the lockup anymore.

I originally made the custom app because the gview app from geovision would lock up my pda if I lost connection.