Sign in to follow this  
dpicksley

AVTECH 782 remote viewing works on localLAN but Not Internet

Hello All, i have just configured my AVTech 782 and all is well, i can view the cameras on the local LAN perfectly well, but if i try to view the cameras using my External static IP i get the control page from the WEB SERVER am able to login, but get no pictures, all that is displayed is a white box where the pictures should be.

Therefore the WEB Server is correctly configured but no streaming from the cameras is possible.

Do i need to open any more ports other than port 80?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Make sure you d/l and install java on your PC. I believe you can do this directly from the login page.

If that's not it, try using a different port, other than 80, I know certain firewalls will block access to port 80, so perhaps a different port will help.

How does the video look when you log in via your intranet? Is it good quality, or choppy/grainy?

You may also check on the anti-virus or security software. i know Norton will block the video stream before you give up some kinda permission.

Best thing is to contact isp for static Ip and allocate that to the DVR... WOrked for me