robca

Is it possible to install 2 GV-600 cards on the same PC?

I don't think that the GV-600 card is "stackable", but I thought I'd ask anyway. I have a GV-600-4 V3 card with the USB dongle, and saw an opportunity to buy a second identical card

Can 2 of them run on the same PC? If not, I will consider selling mine and upgrading (I need 6 cameras)

Thanks, Rob

nope sorry older cards are not stackable, the only ones that are stackable are the new GV-2004 & GV-2008

From what I know, GV2004 (4 cams) is not stackable (for 8 cams you can use one GV2008 card). For 16 cams, two GV2008 stacked cards can be used.

tpolus is correct, the GV-2004 is not stackable but the GV-2008 is.....just to clear that up

First of all, thanks for the answers.

I have no direct knowledge of the GV-2004 or 2008, but I did see quite a few Geovision dealers (including supporters of this forum, I'm avoiding names in case it's frowned upon by the etiquette here) selling a 2004 kit with 2 paired cards, like:

GV-2004-KIT

This kit includes 2 x GV-2004 Cards for a total of 8 channels at 240FPS at D1 Resolution.

From the above, the GV-2004 (well above my budget anyway ) seems to be stackable

I have spoken directly to Geovision about this and the GV-2004 is not stackable, you would simply get a GV-2008, then you could stack 2 of those in one system for a total of 16 cams

What they said .. basically it would be more expensive to buy 2 x 2004 cards than to use 1 x 2008 card. Typically most of the cards themselves are stackable (from the manufacturer), but the Geo software only supports the 2008 stacked.