arielaj

Pulling Video off AVTech 761

Ok, I've got an AVTech 761 installed with 4 cameras. Its set to record 24x7. I've got about 200 gigs of Data, sure enough the client wants ALL the video, to go over it. I explained that it was HOURS of video, but he insisted.

Now what. As far as I know, the 761 only lets me pull off 500megs at a clip. Also, doing it on network backup is slow as molasses.

Anyone know of a good workaround or a better solution for this?

I've also been getting "white screen" on a different installation, but same model AVtech 761.

The client attempts to log in remotely via ddns, logs in, gets to the client, then gets blank white, instead of images. The rest of the client loads with no problem, but no video. He then goes and "resets" the box by unplugging it, and replugging it. Boom, fires right up and video works.

What gives?

Thanks for all the help.

backup with USB flash drive. AVC761 allow you to use USB backup video. it supports up to 1GB memory drive. that's lot more better than 500mb download

good luck

does anyone know if they only "officially" support up to 1GB or has anyone used 2GB or more on any of the cpcam hardware?

backup with USB flash drive. AVC761 allow you to use USB backup video. it supports up to 1GB memory drive. that's lot more better than 500mb download

good luck

At that.. u still need at least 200 pcs of 1GB thumbdrive, or 100 pcs of 2GB thumbdrive.

Or you need to repeat the process 100 or 200 times.......

... good luck.

That is when DVR with software on pc to read directly off the harddisk of the DVR and convert it to PC format is useful. Don't think CPCam/AVTech has it.

What's the issue with playing back directly off the DVR and searching through it ?

The only way you are going to get 200G to view, is to get another Avtech DVR and put that Hard Drive in it, in order to view the video. 200 gigs is way too much video to put on anything but a hard drive. A normal DVD is not even 5 gigs. No one could watch 40 DVD's, even in a week. Good luck with that.