a94cobra

version 8 upgrade

I have a couple older cards that I would like to upgrade the software on. One is a GV-900 and the other is a GV-1000.

I was told at one point, that with the USB dongle, I could run the new software. Does this still hold true up to version 8?

If I was to sell my older cards, what kinda return can I expect? I know nothing is a certain. What has everyone been doing that can't upgrade? Selling?

in most clients cases, once it works, its being left as is.

If they specifically ask for a new feature, then thats another story.

If you have versions lower than 8.xx, and just want the new look, I have a free skin program on my website (for NTSC).

I was trying to add the POS feature over LAN. The IR remote doesn't work either with older software. Otherwise not much has changed. I have put in some new stuff with 8.xx so I have looked around at the software in action.

same position as you cobra. I have a GV800/16 system, running version 5 software. There is a utility on geovisions website that can tell you what your system is capable of. It told me I can run version 6 without the dongle and version 7 with it. Cant seem to find a dongle. I am after the smartphone capability, so I need to find one.

Let me know what you find..

Thanks

but goto geovisions website, then downloads and there it is at the top of the page. After you unzip it read the txt file before you use it.

Have you found where you can download version 6 or 7 online? They took it all off the website, so I'm up a creek in that regard as well.

There was a post on here the other day I saw that gave a website of some dealer that had it for download. I will look around to see if I can find it. Maybe someone could chime in sooner though.