a94cobra

Video out on newer card?

Got a question about the video out on the newer Geo cards.

It has an added DSP to provide the video out, for a separate monitor. Right?

What exactly gets displayed? Just video? Does it mimic the main monitor? Can you specify what cameras this output shows?

thanks

It has a female rca connector on the rear of the card.It doesn't mimic the main screen, it shows the video of the connected camera's. in a 16 way format.

If theres no camera connected it shows a blue Geovision logo.

You can configure the dsp output but to be honest I havn't played around with it yet.

With version 8.1 ... and the Combo card...

You can just leave it as is, and it shows the video only (no GUI).

So whatever multi view you have the DVR in, the DSP output will be the same. Hence you can use the IR Remote at a TV using an extender for example, switch the views on the DVR, and it will also change it on the TV.

Or you can use the DSP Spot Monitor feature, and it allows you to set the DSP views with specific cameras, sequencing, etc, BUT the drawback to that is the live video on the VGA monitor has overlay disabled when that is set and hence lower quality video. So myself, I never used the spot monitor feature on the Combo card.

The seperate DSP card worked differently, with versions 7.xx, not sure how it works with 8.xx as havent used it with that. But back then it only showed the video as how you set it to be, so it didnt mimic the DVR video.

The seperate DSP card worked differently.

Are you talking about the real time display card?

Yes, in that last paragraph, but as far as I know its been discontinued now.

There are a few places that still list them for sale. But I think it's money better spent buying the new card.

I currently have 2 x 8 channel Geovision DSP output cards in stock. Granted they are discontinued now. Let me know if anyone is interested, these are brand new in box.