I've got a request from customers asking for larger than 19" LCD panels.

untill now we only used 19" because of the 4:3 ratio, best fitting for CCTV live video.

What are your experiences out there with larger screens? Any brands to recommend (or to avoid)?

This area is bringing on the suck, it's a total pain to find good deals on larger then 19" 4:3 aspect displays. LCD CRT or otherside, you basically get hosed for less then nothing.

Hello,

Just created an account here.

From my experience, the 20"American Dynamics LCD is the way to go. Model ADMNLCD20. It offers all the the normal CCTV monitor configurations, loop through, BNC, RCA, S-Video, PC connectors and happens to be the clearest one I've tried. It's also the best one for PTZ control. Very near the quality of a good CRT. It goes for about $1,000.00 CDN. Expensive compared to normal LCDs but blows the doors off of the other CCTV LCDs like marshall and totevision.

This reference is only for the 20"LCD. Apparently the other models aren't as good. I've also tried the larger LCDs. I wouldn't use them unless you're doing a large command center or possibly using the PC interface and not he RCA or BNC.

for PC systems, you can use LCD TVs 27, 32, 42" etc .. and they will do 1024x768 without any issues, no native resolution clarity issues such as with the LCD PC Monitors ... the 32" LCD TVs are as low as $600 now. The RCA A/V input is pretty decent clarity also.