mick53

$22 camera + $40 monitor-pics posted here

hi,

here are some pics from a $22 wireless/IR cam + $40 monitor.

i can't tell you why or where those faint squiggley lines come from that show up on the monitor in these pics. they are not there when looking at the monitor with the naked eye. i used a digital camera which for some reason creates them.

what shows up on the monitor is clear and crisp. there is only one problem. the camera faces south. when the sun sets in the west, it turns the picture on the monitor reddish for an hour or two. you can still easily see what is outside but there is that reddish tinge.

100_3207.jpg

100_3217.jpg

very acceptable for $60, wouldn't you say?

i'm doubly glad i set it up! besides working well, it has shown me just how nasty that pot belly looks! time to start exercising again. (sigh)

mike

Edited by Guest

Looks good! The picture is pretty typical of a wireless camera, we call it "Furry". If you compare the wireless video with a hardwired video source, you will see why we call it "Furry"....LOL. Another big difference is the wireless cams have inexpensive CMOS sensors that only produce around 300 lines of resolution.

With most budget cameras, you will probably experience some issues 8-12 months from now, but @ $60, who cares right!

Did the camera state if its 1.2ghz or 2.4ghz? The link you posted online looked as if it was a 1.2ghz from a company called Lianyida, almost identical to some items I used to carry. They sold like hot cakes.

monster,

i am tempted to get a better camera, believe me. but hard wiring will be a pain for me.

ideally, i would like to find a camera that would give me a sharper picture and eliminate that reddish tinge that occurs at sunset. i read somewhere about cameras that have an iris. would an iris help to eliminate this effect?

if so, i guess i'm looking for a good wireless with an iris. the signal only has to travel about 10ft. i had the monitor in the living room about 6ft away from the camera initially, but i moved the monitor to the front hall. there was no noticeable decline in image.

speaking of that monitor, the manual says "320 TV lines horizontal. so will a camera that puts out more than this be wasted on a 320 line monitor?

if anyone knows of a better wireless cam with infrared pls. let me know.

i wanted something i could set up quick, easy and cheap that would show me who was at the door, and i got it. but yes, of course i'd like a sharper picture.

thanks,

mike

I can get wireless rx and tx, and you can use any camera ( high or low quality), or you can buy wireless IR bullet cam on ebay

cheers

*wont be 60 bucks!

pls. allow me to display my ignorance for all to see.

what is "rx and tx?'

another thought, we have a 75w proch light out there, it's about 5ft above the camera. don't need that light with the IR at all.

would a decent low light black and white or color camera without any IR work ok out there?

if so, who makes a good wireless, low light cam with an iris?

mike

rx - receiver

tx transmitter

cheap lil modules we use for tough jobs. They work well.

low light cam might work if its .00001 in dark depends how much light is on the scene

I sue IR here its the best, with an IR camera and ir corrected lense

Looks like a great camera for $60.00. I have seen a lot worse so it looks like you got the long straw on this deal. Yes, there are cameras that have what are called auto iris lenses. This feature allows the iris in the camera’s lens to be opened or closed depending on the amount of light coming into the camera.

This helps a great deal when it comes to lighting conditions. If you had an auto iris lens, you would be able to see a lot better when the sun is in the cameras view. I would suggest a 520TVL camera with auto iris, 3.6mm lens, and WDR (wide dynamic range). If you have a budget, then try an electronic iris.

This pretty much does the same thing as having an auto iris. I also recommend hard wiring the camera in. Believe it or not other people can pick up your wireless signal like your neighbor. You will notice a big difference. Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks

Im sure a 3.5mm lense is to wide for a view like hes looing for

prob 8-12mm would be better for a real close up.

I always use varifocal, cause wheat you think the customer wants can change, and yes just replaced 3 3.5x8mm lenses yday with 2.8-12mm cause he wants them wider, you know you get less detail when you go to wide in a big view. Ie carpark..

Ir bullet cams are what I use for peoples front doors, hes not recording only viewing - so hi res isnt required, remb hes only got a 320 Hline tv.

I think you have got a bargain for what you have, remb the pic will be better then the one hes taken off his camera.

I wouldnt worry about higher res and changing it cause its your front door and your neighbours can help secure your building to if they can pick up the signal...

I disagree on this. If you use a 3.6 or a 4mm lens, you are going to get around an 87-76 degree field of view that would be perfect for a front door camera. If you use an 8-12mm lens for the front door you will be focused on the door mat the whole time.

The higher the number on the lens the closer the picture is. I agree only if the ceiling is 20-30ft high, but he is dealing with a porch that is most likely to be 8-10 feet tall. Therefore he would not need such a narrow lens.

Mick, what kind of monitor are you using? Is the camera being plugged into a household TV? This camera will do fine if you want to just monitor and not record. It's good for just seeing who is at the front door.

The problem with cheap cameras is that it wont last. I played around for kicks with some cheap cameras. I actually got some good pictures with most of them. Not as good as my sanyos 4594. The problem was that of the 3 cheaps I bought from $15.00 to $50.00 not one lasted more than 3 months. And I had all cheaps just inside the warehouse and one even inside the office. I have some sanyos for over 5 years not one problem.

does anyone make a good quality camera with ALL these elements:

1. wireless

2. infrared

3. color

hard to find anywhere and i have looked. everyone knocks wireless but that's what i want so PLEASE don't suggest hard wiring a camera.

the signal only has to go 10ft max. there should be something out there that can do this. i mean we get audio and video from outer space, right?

thanks,

mike

Deluxecctv.com, Nice picture. What type of camera are you using? At least we know the mail man is doing his job. LOL.

The camera is a Speco CVC-6800EX H.E.A.T Day/night bullet cam with supper had CCD. It’s between $190.00 and $200.00 retail. Beware, some spec sheets say it comes with a 3.6 mm lens and some say a 6 mm lens. I believe the 6 mm is standard? Like mentioned in another thread, beware of supplier or manufacture specs. You all know what I mean. Nevertheless, I, like the camera pretty well. By the way, the CVC-6805EX is the same camera but, with a veri focal lens. I like the picture quality of that camera also both day and night for about $50.00 more retail.

If your on a budget and your looking for wireless, your still going to spend $450.00 or so for all the equipment.

You can get ahold of a 900mhz Tx/Rx set for around $300 and a decent front door camera with infrared for around $115, and roughly $20 for power supplies. The 900mhz isn't great for video but for a residential application you most likely won't even notice it. The other benefit is that the 900mhz penetrates walls pretty good so you should have zero issues going 10-30 feet.

How are you getting power to your camera now? Let me know if this is in your budget and I'll point you in the right direction.