cdr_wm

Help with Webserver and FTP

I'm new to this board and first-time poster. I have searched the manual and this board and cannot find answers to my problems.

Problem 1 - I am unable to connect to the webserver from outside my LAN. The webserver is activated, all the proper ports are setup and forwarded on the router, the firewall is turned off on the PC. I can connect from another PC within the LAN. What am I missing?

Problem 2 - How do I set up GV to FTP video snapshots to a website on a periodic basis? I set up the FTP server/port/user/etc and when I click the button to transfer camera images, that sends images one time. When I select the file delay, say 10 seconds, I would expect to get new images uploaded every 10 sec, but no more images are sent.

Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

What web port are you using? If you're using 80 try changing it to something like 8080. Some ISPs block 80.

My ISP doesn't block port 80, because I've run other web servers on that port. I've tried 80 and 81, 8080, etc. I've tried many other ports that I know are open on the PC I'm trying to connect from.

Thanks for the reply, metsfan. (go phillies)

Anyone have any other ideas? Or any help with my FTP problem?

in regards to your ftp question:

when I click the button to transfer camera images

are you specifying which cameras to send the images? Are you using a user name and pword on the ftp server, or do you have anonymous login?

I have this working currently w/ geo 8.1, and I ended up setting my file delay to 30 seconds to allow enough time to send the images. I have a remote file path specifying a folder on the ftp server, and I have a 6 camera setup, sending all 6 cameras.

Can you check the logs on the ftp server, maybe something isn't right there.

let me know how you make out, and if you have any more questions - I'll try to help out.

one other thing, you have the 'create jpeg/gif' files checked on the JPG tab of the webserver, right? Also, what do you have your jpeg quality set at? I currently have mine set to 25

Update on problem #1 - my new ISP does block inbound port 80, so mow I need to find an open outbound port on my office firewall other than 80.

I know this will sound stupid, but you arent trying to connect to a local IP range from outside the network are you?

no, i use a dynamic dns service.

one other thing, you have the 'create jpeg/gif' files checked on the JPG tab of the webserver, right? Also, what do you have your jpeg quality set at? I currently have mine set to 25

Thanks, cmf. Yes, I think I have all the right settings - ftp username/password/etc. I have the cameras selected and the image for each camera gets sent one time when I click the transfer button. After that, nothing. I'll check the ftp server logs.