jackc

Advice Regarding New Security Setup

Hi,

Im looking for some advice for a 2 Camera security setup around a farm, both cameras will be outdoors. Let me start by saying i know very little about camera technology...

The first camera will look down on a main entrance doorway, the maximum view range/clear facial identification range required would be 15-20 yards.

The second camera will look down a long drive way, which will primarily need to be focused from 15-40 yards, if possible high resolution would be good here, and outside of the 40 yards, being able to clearly pick up moving objects such as a person walking behind a fence at 100-120 yards from the camera would be perfect.

I have chosen IP because i already have an ethernet network in place.

In terms of processing the cameras, i have a server which i would like to record the 2 streams onto a large disk drive (i have 500gb), and also output the 2 streams in 'Split Screen' to a 17" LCD TV, I would like fast motion, good quality video i guess 30FPS will be good enough?. What software would i need for this? The server will be running windows, and Im assuming the best way to output to the TV would be with the graphics card output port.

I have a budget of maximum £1700 which covers the 2 cameras and server software.

So if anyone has some advice on which 2 cameras & viewing/recording software will fit the bill that would be great.

Also if i was to consider a similar setup with analog cameras, would i save 'alot' of money?

Thanks for any advice, its appreciated.

Jack

High resolution IP cameras are the only way to go when you need to cover

a large area with detailed coverage and just a few cameras.

Take a look at Arecont IP cameras. Search the board and you should find some sample video.

Also look at Luxriot recording software.

Hi

Depends on what type of area you want to cover. Do you need PTZ cameras or fixed.

Axis Cameras are quite good and we use Milestone Software a lot.

Thanks

King Communications