normicgander

Genric mini dome heater kit

I have encountered that many IP66 rated outdoor mini domes are rated to operate down to -10c (14f) . This is really quite warm for a lower operating temp range for many parts of the US. I have installed them with these specs and haven't had a problem yet. I have asked serveral OEMs if they cold/hot box test their cameras and I typically get silence over the phone followed by I have to check . The cameras do generate self heat, so I guess it's be enough. But, has anyone come across a generic heater strip kit?

Thanks,

Normic

I have been looking for the same thing, I still have found nothing that will fit in those mini p/t domes, how cold does it get there? here it drops down to -45c at times without the wind. I am not sure that the unit would stop working do to the cold. I do know that starting the p/t camaera in a frozen state is not good, I tested one at -30c and it locked up and the video failed, once I warmed it up, the pt part recovered without a problem. in the end the cameras video board was lost. I sent a letter to the company that makes the camera, they told me that they would look into the probem.

Four days later they sent me a new spec sheet on the the dome with a -35c rating

I am expecting a new shipment of them this week, I will let you know if they came up with a mini heating strip.

empak

Empac,

It can get down to -20-30F here in northern Michigan. I have found a few companies which sell strip heaters, but I need to call them. I'm truly amazed by the response of many CCTV companies when I ask if they have hot/cold box tested their products. Often they state 10F in their spec sheets, but that is not low enough for an outdoor rated camera in North America. However, the reality is the cameras will operate at lower temps in my experience. Some of the vandal domes are nice cameras, but no heater kit is offered. I'll post any device solutions when I find one.

Thanks- Normic

What are the dimensions of the strips you need? Not trying to do any self promotion, but we carry a full line of those. Usually people use these for Non-name brand PTZ'S or for standard cameras that are placed in extreme cold weather. Let me know if we can help you further by giving you information on these. Thanks