acableconnection

dvr mounting options

Its like pulling teeth getting customers to give up some room, but I am installing a 7ft aluminum floor-mount network rack for this project, as he already has a wall mounted network patch panel, that i am moving over to the new rack. I will be installing shelf for the dvr and ups, 1 shelf for the monitor and keyboard, and another shelf for the network crap that he has laying on the floor now. what do you guys do?

i installed a 7' x 23 " open bay rack for a customer recently and they did not like giving up the space either. as well as exposed cables. i then removed the 7' rack and got a 4' high by 26" deep wall mount enclosure. they loved it. less space and no cables. wish i had thought of the wall mount cabinet first.

I try to mount up and on.............out of the way. my favorite is a resturant where the managers room size is 4ft x 4ft. 8ft. Inside that room we have the desk, safe, (2) Servers, DVR, monitor, phone, ect. I built a special plywood wall mount "rack" that holds it all up and above the desk area. Wires are a bummer to play with but we were stuck with it.

I have in-wall options now, so no space lost. Easier to wire, harder to locate. Headless so not monitor nearby. Add in a table PC and you are golden.

Soon I'll have the whole shebang in one box fortified and concealed. Dealer/Installer can remote a power supply simular to an Alarm installation. Bigger leads to the DVR of course, now siamese really works for them.

I'm the source, thats basically all I do. Dealers just explain what they do and where they have troubles and I make a package to ease, enhance and overcome.

For in wall options do you have a mass produced (entry level wholesale price to be sold at entry level retail price) device?

I cannot put DVRs in to walls here since they are 2x4 (wood or metal). If the floor plan has hidden spots, such as where a/c units have unused space behind them or under stairs, or plant shelf area.

I usually end up in the attic and I started looking for "cubby holes" and then I cut in to them and set up a shelf and have an electrician run power. I love the "cubbys" because the wires are easly accessable for add ons, and changes.

I really hate hiding DVRs in A/C duct work. I do not mind for tempory law enforcement / private investigator work though.

I have problems in small houses that are not custom designed. The only thing I can do is to have a false ceiling installed in a closet and use an ac filter vent as a pass through for the new drywall.

For in wall options do you have a mass produced (entry level wholesale price to be sold at entry level retail price) device?

In wall is not entry level.

ATX and even 4U can be entry level but not in the wall. There is a case inside the wall case so you can hot swap the DVR, that in itself jumps the cost up.

You can get off lease/used fujitsu tablets on ebay $250. So I often just refer people there, they are used but still sweet and can be docked on a wall. Wifi means the EU can roam their facility with it.