anupmhatre1978

PC Based DVR's or Stand Alone

Which one is more reliable and sturdy for continuos surveillance for Real Time recording.

Which make is the Best Technically & Performance wise.

Thanks......

which came first, the chicken or the eqq?

I'll bet his question is asked more these days...........

both have a place in today's market place. I apply them like this; if the client has a networking & computer background or staff........a PC based will work. Otherwise it is a standalone.

PC Based have more bells and whistles as compared to standalone DVR's, in my humble opinion.

Standalones are almost impossible to screw up, but can come with strange ways of doing things.

Now there is a 3rd option which I am starting to employ: off-site recording of video. Using IP camera's or IP Servers that are polled by a master video server for all video storage. Client canb access video and that video is safe from tampering, fire, ect. Dependance on network is critical.

And, you can also set up PC based & Standalone DVR's to do FTP storage alone with onsite storage..........or use email snapshots, ect.

Lots of options to use in the game of capture.

PC component based, unlimited functionality and super easy service. Most pieces are generic off the shelf units. It is no long a "PC" if setup and operated correctly.

The line between the two is quickly vanishing. Basically do you want to be able to use 32bit windows applications as well or not. All DVRs are computers just some have a totally integrated mainboard and others have independent interchangable parts. You

and

The egg... Fish and lizards layed them long before there were chickens.