Hi- we use these DVR's here in New York and have placed 4 thru 16 channel models in our buildings in Manhattan. You can see them direct at dvrusa.com. If you call there, ask for John. They are solid units with pretty good remote software. Tuff to beat for the price and quality. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

The hardware and software seem really solid. As far a John with DVRUSA, he is dishonest about the product, claiming it is hardware base H.264. "Do a search of eBay for DVR USA in stores" None of the hardware that Neugent makes is H.264. The nice thing about Neugents Linux PCI cards is that there is literally no information on the cards, no part numbers, serial numbers, nothing traceable. Put these cards in a 4u case and no one will be able to find out what they are. You will however have to remove the Hawkeye logos from the software.

Hi! if you're looking at buying Neugent's DVR Cards, do not buy from DVR USA. What they have are OLD neugent products. You may approach Neugent directly. Apart from giving prompt sales support, they also provide their clients with excellent technical support.

Here is the company's telephone number and skype ID:

+1-714-684-8116

neugent.sales

Hope this helps.

Thanks this thread was helpful. I bought a DVR from DVRUSA in late 2006. I have not gotten any info or price on getting a 2nd 8ch card for it. No part/name on the card. They just said send it in which I am not willing to do as I JUST got it set up. Product info at dvr(dot)neugent (dot)net /products/products (dot) php . I sent them an e-mail to see what they suggest.

Hawk Eye is something you wanna stay away from.

Im helping out a friend of mine who made the mistake of buying a hawkeye.

Hes had to replace 3 monitor cards.

Basically its a home pc jerry rigged to be a dvr.

I ended up going and replacing his dvr with a pelco 8100 dvr. so much better

Hawk Eye is something you wanna stay away from.

Im helping out a friend of mine who made the mistake of buying a hawkeye.

Hes had to replace 3 monitor cards.

Basically its a home pc jerry rigged to be a dvr.

I ended up going and replacing his dvr with a pelco 8100 dvr. so much better

I do believe we are in the PC-based section. The 8100 is an embedded system right?

OMG... Do not use Hawkeye / Neugent .. That's the worst experience Iv'e ever had with a mfg. I have tun's of extra cards, boards, plugs if anyone needs parts for the 16chan capture cards. The DVR does not work.. they can not get them to work, I wasted hundreds of hours trying.

Some of the Hawkeye cards use the same chipset that we use in our software. From what I've heard, Neugent either filed for bankruptcy or closed down, depending on who you talk to.

There isn't a point in you having a large pile of cards that you can't use. You can give our software a try (free public beta in the middle to end of January) and use the cards that you have (assuming they chipsets are supported).