monster

Some questions about timing signal

Nice to join you!

I am a freshmen in CCTV field, and I am studying hard on camera system.

But I can not understand timing signal (VD,HD, SHP,SHD, V1~V4, H1,H2,etc. ) in camera system all the time.

Could somebody give me some introduction?

And do you, as a system designer, have some advice or some ducument to me on camera system design?

Thank you for your help, and nice to communicating with you!

CCD timing signals are something most people involved with CCTV would never need to be concerned with, only people who actually design the camera systems/subsystems (ie the original manugfacturers of a product) would be interested. Other than that, they could be of use to a repair engineer, but pretty unlikely as most repair now consists of just replacing a board...

They would not be of interest to anyone designing a cctv system for installation, as all the work involving the timing is done at the design stage when the camera is manufactured, and its internal to the camera..

If you really want to know more, a good source of info is the datasheets/articles by the people that make ccd's and related interface IC's.

For example, texas instruments datasheet http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/vsp2260.pdf, a google for ccd timing signals, or shd timing ccd, etc will give lots of links.

Heavy reading though.....