cctvfl

Camera Issue

I have Installed Several Cameras around a car Dealership just recently using motion to Catch people comming onto the Lot ( caught to bad guys last night) my problem is that I have two Red strobes that reside above the cameras; my Geo Card fires the strobes when motion is detected; however my problem is that the cameras think the strobe is motion; setting up a propetual recoding machine.

Has anyone tried using s light with the Cameras and motion? If I leave the strobes off it works great; the storbe lights were at the request of the owner; any suggestions on how I can make this work.

Thanks for your help in advance...

attached strobe example

Can you tape off the front section that flashes in the direction the camera looks? The strobe would still be visible flashing out to each side and back, but not to the front.

The light faces one side to the lot its covering and the other side the building; not sure how well it will be seen but Thats what I was going to try next.

Horns work equally well at getting them to look into the camera. They don't have the MD effects strobes do.

You should consider using PIR to trip the whole thing off.

The horns are not a good idea. We had one of our dealers install the horn instead of the strobe lights. The result was bad. The noise that the horns produced caused close by neighbors and other people to get irritated at the Ford dealer. They received many complaints and had to take the horns down for disturbing the piece.

Our dealer then installed the strobe lights. These were more affective since they do not produce a noise, yet still scare off the crooks. You will have to adjust the camera so that they do not pick up the strobe light.

Or you can move the strobe in a different location. Maybe a little higher? Point being, I would stay away from the horns. They are more trouble than they are worth, plus they will go off every time a cat strolls along the parking lot. Hope this saves you some trouble.

Also, you may be able to do parameter protection beams. These work very well. Just make sure to mount them 3 feet off the ground. That eliminates animals setting off the strobes causing false alarms. You can get these at certain dealers. Call our toll free number to talk to our very knowledgeable and 100% free tech support. They can direct you in right direction.