ronster

Remote monitoring and control

I have a guy wanting to put 4 dvr's in diferent locations at a residential area with a guard shack at front. They want the guard to be able to get an alarm when motion detects so he can give it is attention. The issue is it is all remote. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Ronnie

We probably will need more information.

Is the guard shack enclosed with environmental control. In florida we need some serious AC!!

The reason I ask is I would probably see if I could put the DVRs or ONE large multi channel DVR in the Guard shack. When it detects motion he can look at the screen.

Does this guard have to write down license plates as they drive thru (guests), and does he have to fill out a guest slip for them to post on the window? Will these activities distract him from watching the video monitor?

If it is an open style "shack" this is probably out of the question. I assume you have power at the shack.

Where would the various DVRs be placed? Front office? Day room, Pool clubhouse? Maitenance shack?

What is the budget of this system. I would imagine a wireless system is out of the question.

Do you need a license plate recognition system?

What kind of threats do you have? Do you have a side gate where cars crash in to it all of the time because they are impatient?

Do you have teenagers getting in to things that they should not?

Are people jumping over a chain link fence destroying the fence in the process? Why are they jumping over the fence? Is there a donut shop, or a convenience store on the other side and people do not want to walk all the way around to get to it?

Do you have a really nice neighborhood but it is slowly being taken over by renters?

I can ask more if you are not bored.

I just installed a Video Insight analog & IP Server solution for a gated community. The concept is;

- Dell Server at Security Office (gate #2) running a Video Insight DVR card and also running IP camera software. Gate #2 has 2 camera's, a WDR caputuring general view and a LPR camera to get the plates.

- Gate #1 has a Pixord Video server with camera's, one general and one LPR.

- plans to add more IP camera's at Golf corse, astables, pool, ect. IP camera's will be recorded at Gate #2 via Video Insight IP software.

They have thier own networking establiched inside the community so bandwidth is not a issue.

Multiple DVR's was an option but the features of Video Insight won over the standalone DVR.

Sounds like a job for Geo and control center.

You can give the gaurd a wifi tablet to lug around, it can be in or outside the shack assuming there is wifi.

How many cams though? 4 DVRs it should be a bunch or clusters very seperated.