To date, I've only used the Chateau cards and therefore have nothing else to compare. I've read a lot of good things about the Geovision cards and the software does look more refined and feature rich but the price is 3-4 times more... Anyone have experience with both of these cards that could enlighten me? I'm considering trying Geovision on my next project simply because it supports web cam but there are cheaper alternatives to accomplish this; please let me know!

hi,Geovision is software compression card,it is good,but like what you said is a bit expensive,which can't support many channels,and compress data by chipsets of PC CPU but not the CARDS. maybe you can try the hardware compression cards.

Chateau maybe is a France brand.

hi,Geovision is software compression card,it is good,but like what you said is a bit expensive,which can't support many channels,and compress data by chipsets of PC CPU but not the CARDS. maybe you can try the hardware compression cards.

Chateau maybe is a France brand.

Hi Grace, just to clarify, Geo now have the GV2004 and GV2008 cards which are Hardware compression.