cachecreekcctv

ARM Electronics Catalog

Just wondering if anyone has ever purchased cameras, DVR's , etc. from Arm Electronics? I get their catalogs all the time, but have never purchased anything ...yet. Wonder if their DVR's/Cameras are Chinese made, or Korean made, just re-branded?

We've purchased some ARM products from SSI. They are mixed in quality. Their quads are OK and their cameras are decent. We installed their C540MD2VAI outdoor bullets at a local charity and, except for somewhat cheesy mounts, they are pretty good. We also installed a DVR16320CD240 and it is relatively easy to set up and works pretty good.

I have used the EDVR4a80G. These are great for entry level priced residential installs. I use this style on a majority of installs. It is no longer carried by my distributor, but I like them.

I have also used the C520HDCVFIR280DC once. I really did not like having to take this camera apart every time I wanted to make a change.

For the Price I liked the view that my customer required. Extreme CCTV it is not, but for the job it was requested to do it has worked very well.

I would say look at the prices and compare them to other distributors and see if the pricing is right. I would say if the distribution is real close then forget the price if one/two day shipping is more important.

ARM doesn't manufacture a thing. I would stay away from them if you want to stay in business. Their tech support blows, their products are cheap, and they are usually not worth the money.

If you have a job using ARM equipment, make sure to order 40% more equipment to compensate for DOA.

But, some basics are ok like stated above, the quads are ok, the DVR's are nothing to be impressed about.

Just remember, you get what you pay for!