jaf

AVTech AVC783

i bought a AVTech AVC783 and i need to control this unit from my portable vaio fe21m. the dvr is in the attic and i have already a cable from there to the my study room. my question is: is it possible to control the avc783 from my computer? and where do i link the cable?

thanks in advance for your help

jaf

Hello Jaf!

You have a DVR in an attic, and I wondered how hot it would get up there in Portugal? I would be concerned with the heat. I also wanted to know how close to the ocean are you? I was wondering about the salt in the air.

Can I ask what kind of cable you ran? I assume it is a cat5 (cat5e) cable?

Did you put your own connectors on it, or did you buy a premade cable?

You will need a cross over cable if you are connecting directly from the computer to the DVR.

Jaf you seem pretty computer savy, but I put all of this in the post for the guest who read these posts.

If you are connecting to the DVR directly just plug in to the LAN connection on the back of the DVR, and plug in to the Lap top. You may have to deactivate the wireless. Load the software that came with the DVR and you should be good to go.

Will need to go in to NETWORK in the menu and do your setup there.

The other question I have is: Are you wanting to control the DVR with the computer using a wireless connection?

It is easy all you need to do is install the AP software link via cat5 and away you go...