drewliebs

Greetings

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself, as I am NEW to "installing" CCTV's. Thought I would introduce myself, as my postings here got off to a rocky start when I was barraded by a bipolar member of this forumn.

My name is Andrew, and I have been selling DVR's for years.... Mostly through Visual Management Systems. As of the last 6 months, I have been purchasing NETPROMAX equiptment, and conducting fairly simply 4/8 channel systems in mom and pop stores and residences myself. I am getting more serious about the CCTV as it is something I truly enjoy doing.

As for this forumn, I found this a great enviornment to ask questions, as I typically had my wiring ordered with the BNC connectors already on the wiring. I hope to obtain useful information, as I have read many of the posts and have learned lots already. I have no intention on doing anything above my ability, and plan to "sub out" if that situation ever comes to light.

I enjoy talking to the professionals here, but If you have nothing useful to offer me, or question my legitimacy.... Please do not respond.....Have a great weekend, and I look forward to learning more through this forumn.

Welcome to the forum! Congradulations on the expansion of your business! I hope it does you well! I to use the premade cables quite abit. Although lately I seam to have more, and more problems with them. For some reasons at the connector point they seam to have a bad connection. I have never had this problem before. I do not know if it is due to the recent spike in copper prices and they are trying to cut corners of if I have been getting the ones made on a monday morning, or a friday evening.

The premades are great for quick attic work. Much easier than siamese.

Although I have ripped to shreds some of the premades while trying to pull down a wall. Sometimes I hit a missed placed drywall screw. Nothing worse than having to recrawl through an attic, and rerun a wire.

When I run siamese I watch real good to make sure I do not get part of the shield wrapped around the center conductor causing a short.

When I bring up all of the cameras and one is not working I just run out to the camera cut off the connector crimp/compress a new one and that is usually the end of it.

Once in a blue moon I will have all of my cameras flickering in and out, and just as I get everything working the video goes out again. I find this to be a bad batch of bnc connectors.

The one prized tool that I have is a small battery operated lcd screen. I can check for power to the camera because I have video. If I have video off the camera then it is a video wire problem, or the connector at the DVR. If I have all of my camera videos at the DVR point prior to connecting to the DVR then this completes my installation. Coworkers laugh at me because I do a lot of checking as I go. After running wire through conduit for 200 feet I will throw on a power supply with an extension cord, and hook it up to a 13 monitor (great for outdoors). If I have video great! If not I can solve this before I run the wire in to the house. They stop laughing when we have a crash and burn, but we can solve it very fast because we can eliminate a lot of factors from pre testing. Then they are very grateful that I check this and that! Nothing worse than spending all day trying to get a system up and going when you just want to go home after a very very long day!

I am really looking forward to July and August here in Florida!!! YA! Right!