jeromephone

single channel DVR

I need a suggestion on a single channel DVR

Motion detection

USB or network out

harddrive does not need to be over 80 gig

Looking to spend up to 600.00

anyone had experience with any particular model make input would be appreciated.

In the retail price, you pretty much have a wide open field!

I would probably want to know, what is the setup that you are going to put this DVR in. What kind of cameras (not model numbers) are you putting in? Outdoor, indoor, indoor covert? Are you using bullets? Wide angle, 6mm, or varifocal? What is the customer watching? I know you are an expert and these questions are a nuisance, but I wanted to paint a picture so that I could see what you need.

I would go ahead and get an Mpeg4 unit that will allow you to come in with IE. Even if the customer did not want this feature at least down the road when plans change they can "activate" this feature. I would def get the triplex features so that looking at past history I do not stop the camera recording.

For your price listed I have good news! You should be able to get a 4 channel DVR. If you do not need the other three channels, I say get it anyways. This will allow for expansion, upgrade, or completly setting the CCTV system in a different way as needs change.

Any thing else I need to know?

i am going to be running a PTZ camera that will mainly pan a playground area but would like the motion as it will probably be left in fixed mode in the evening to watch a driveway. I can run a seperate keyboard controller or if the dvr has controll capability that is fine also.