lecram

NTSC => PAL convertor

We have a Kodicom CCTV system with 12 PAL CCTV cameras. Our factory (build by Japan) installed 4 NTSC CCTV cameras which we also would like to connect to the Kodicom CCTV system. We can change the Kodicom to receive either all PAL or all NTSC not a mix of this. I can't change any PAL/NTSC settings of the cameras so I look now for a NTSC => PAL convertor (coax in, coax out)

Google so far did not help very much, any ideas?

Thanks,

Marcel

Lots of them for sale on google when I googled 'ntsc to pal converter'..

Maybe the installers of the cams would be willing to swap them for pal cams (they should have checked what format was needed to start with!) or if they are technical they may be willing to see if they can convert the cams to pal (quite often its a very easy conversion, depends on the camera, not all can be done this way, but I have seen loads of cams that have clearly marked jumpers/links on the internal circuit boards for swapping between pal/ntsc. Little bit of soldering and the jobs done .

This would invalidate the manu's warranty though..)

Quality would probably suffer if you used a converter, as the frame rates are different, the resolutions are different, etc and the converter has to make up the missing frames somehow (inserting fake ones) and resample the image to the right resolution. Personally altering or replacing the cams would be what I would do, if funds allowed it.

I already tried that but ALL the converters I found there are for TV and video with either coax (TV connection) or 'tulip' connecters (I am not sure if that is the correct word for the connector). I can't so far find any convertor with BNC in / BNC out. I look for something like a BALUN - just a converter that I can in install between two coax cables NTSC in / PAL out. I opened one of our CCTV cameras (JVC TK-C921EG) but no dip-switch to swap between NTSC and PAL. Also checked the website and according to internet this CCTV camera is PAL only. Do you think I can just take any NTSC/PAL converter change the BNC to another connector and will it then work? That the quality is maybe less is not important as we are interested in the color of the flames- we need to look insite a furnace and now it is black and white and if we can see the color of the flames, we know what we have to do remotely. Hopefully I find a solution as I can't change / modify the NTSC CCTV cameras...