Neorage

AVC 780w - Any help

I've got hold of a AVC 780w from my local boot sale with a 160 GIG hdd, unfortunatly didnt have the HD key with it so managed to get it at a really low price and thougt i was in a good deal..

however since i got it home, i have only been able to find a spanish manual on the net and also the supervisor password is not deafult and im unable to change any settings..

i have managed to bypass the HD key so the unit is up and running but i am stuck when it comes to the settings menu..

how can i go about restting the passwords or the entire unit back to factory deafult..

and if anyone has an english manual, would be greatly aprectiated

many thanks

NR

You left nothing in your profile to let me know where you are located. I do not know if you are a DIY, or a seasoned pro. You are a seasoned pro so I will save you the "boring" tips that you already know.

I would figure this is no longer under a warranty, so you can go ahead and cut the "warranty tape" and you can short the two pins on the PC board. Since you are seasoned pro you will know how to do this.

I love the beginners who will not head my advice and to refrain from trying this method. They usually get back to me that they shorted the pins and then poof there is a small spark, and the system has died and now they are angry at me. Do not try this at home. You are responsible for your own actions

Good luck!

well just playing about wit the box myself.. have limited knowladge with the syspem yet sacisc - ameture knoladge with electronices..

som how managed to get into supevrvisor user... dont ask me how but i did so have reste to fatory deafults and am in process of foratting hdd so doing ok...

would love to get the english manul for refrence apart from that the unit is up and running

thanks for the post..

am in a good mood now if not slightly drunk lol

Just hope the dvr is not stolen! Working DVR from a car boot sale, with passwords not reset to defaults, if the sellerr owned it he or she would have defaulted it, but they didnt which should ring alarm bells.....

Last thing you want is to get the police round to view footage from the dvr, and for them to check the serial numbers and say, hey this is stolen.... (unlikely but a possability)

well ive defaulted everything and have a nice 160 gb drive..

so even if my cctv system falls through i got plent of hd space for my cinamatograpy project..

thanks for your help and advice.

and i will have another beer thanking you

hehehe

PS.. Any one have the english manual for this unit.... for myself or incase i sell on ?? ta