redisol

AVC760 OSD language problem

I ordered an Avtech Avc760 online from Taiwan since it's way cheaper there than here in the Philippines. My problem now is the OSD is in Chinese.

I read the instruction manual (in English) and I somehow crawled my way to the OSD language selection menu. When I try to change the language, nothing happens. I guess the unit is for Taiwan market.

Is there a way to get an english language osd upgrade? I tried to email avtech but I'm not getting any response.

Thanks

Hi... I have an AVC781. have you tried accessing it from the client app (Video Server E on my system)... you can set most of the dvr options from it. Hope this helps.

rem

I ordered an Avtech Avc760 online from Taiwan since it's way cheaper there than here in the Philippines. My problem now is the OSD is in Chinese.

I read the instruction manual (in English) and I somehow crawled my way to the OSD language selection menu. When I try to change the language, nothing happens. I guess the unit is for Taiwan market.

Is there a way to get an english language osd upgrade? I tried to email avtech but I'm not getting any response.

Thanks

Maybe you could try to contact their local distributor for help. Maybe they do not have sufficient FAE resource to support request from end-user.

Thanks. i've been using the ap software for the meantime but it would be much easier if the osd is in english since not all functions are available in the ap.

My supplier from Taiwan claims that the language can be changed to English. But when I insisted that it can't, he just referred me to the Avtech website.

Scorpion,

Thanks for the firmware you sent me but unfortunately, I think this will not change the osd to English. I already tried upgrading using a similar firmware and it did not change the language. I think the osd languange comes in another file...

Regards

redisol

The OSD language is in a deeper part of the programming.

OSD Language is not in the firmware files.

I pulled an "intalian" website's firmware, and it was the same firmware I have.

Changing language is my next project. I am not able to provide this at the moment.

The language files are in the firmware but not all firmware updates update all parts of the firmware.

You should be able to change the OSD language to english if you follow the menu tree:-

http://www.electusdistribution.com.au/images_uploaded/AVC760MenuTree.pdf

Basically go to the menu and select the bottom option, then select the bottom option again, then adjust the third last option which should be the language setting.

I have received quite a few samples that were left set to the local language (Traditional Chinese) by the engineers, its pretty easy to change if you know what you're looking for.

The language files are in the firmware but not all firmware updates update all parts of the firmware.

You should be able to change the OSD language to english if you follow the menu tree:-

http://www.electusdistribution.com.au/images_uploaded/AVC760MenuTree.pdf

Basically go to the menu and select the bottom option, then select the bottom option again, then adjust the third last option which should be the language setting.

I have received quite a few samples that were left set to the local language (Traditional Chinese) by the engineers, its pretty easy to change if you know what you're looking for.

Thanks. I already tried following the instructions but it seems the unit I've got does is locked to traditional Chinese. There are no other option in the menu but Chinese.

Scorpion:

Feel free to take the firmware and pdf files I posted and put them on your website, just please host them on your own space and not link to them as we occasionally clean up those files.