SicHead

having trouble with camera

HI I am new here so please excuse my ridiculous questions. I just want to test this CCD surveillance camera, I already have the power connected and the coax cable terminated with a bnc connector connected to the video out on the camera and the other end of the coax cable connected to the back of the tv(VHF). Nothing shows on the tv just a snowy picture. I don't know if this is how must be connected. What could be the problem?

HI I am new here so please excuse my ridiculous questions. I just want to test this CCD surveillance camera, I already have the power connected and the coax cable terminated with a bnc connector connected to the video out on the camera and the other end of the coax cable connected to the back of the tv(VHF). Nothing shows on the tv just a snowy picture. I don't know if this is how must be connected. What could be the problem?

Will not work on tv(VHF). You need to connect to a Video Input connection to get a picture.

Is this the screw on connector on the back of the TV? If this is so this is the wrong connection.

You need the yellow connector on the front of the tv, or on the back of the TV.

On some TV to activate the yellow connector which is called the composite video input, or accessory input, you will need to push the channel select button down. Channel 4, 3, 2 then it should go to L1 or AUX, or GAME, if it goes to channel 99 (or higher), then you will need the remote control. You will need to find source, or input, or the game button. When you press this button it should bring up your video. You may have a video button on the front of the TV. When you press this button it will cycle from cable to composite input. If you have one on the back and one one the front then it will cycle through all of these choices.

Plug in a DVD player to test the yellow input on your TV. When you can see the DVD player then plug in your camera.

Good luck!

Is there a special rca jacks cable that I need for the camera? Because I only have the one that the dvd player has, which is the one that has red,white,yellow plugs on both sides.

Yes! You will need an RCA jack to plug in to your TV.

If you have a BNC connector, then go to an electronics store such as Radio Shack , and get a bnc to rca adapter. Take your cable with you and tell them what you are doing. It should not cost more than $5.00 retail.