Sonn

Camera Advise...

Hello,

I just picked up a Used GE Storesafe DVR ,works great!(SDVR-16P-320) and need some camera advise for it, I only will use 8 camera,s. I would like to spend about $300 per camera....I ran all the cables today and just need some camera,s. I guess im confused with all the day/night cameras Thanks

I guess I should have been a little more in detail...

I will be mounting them outside on my residence and would like to have some nightvison. I was looking at Nuvico,provideo and extreme cameras im just not to informed on the details on them...resolution,etc. I have a GE 21" Color Monitor 500 tvl that I would like to use..again thank you all for your help

Edited by Guest

We on the forum need to ask a lot of questions!!!!!

Is this for a residence?

Is this for a business?

Is this for a conveniece store?

Is this for a nightclub, or a bar?

Do you want to see a wide periphery, and not care about 30 feet out or more?

Is the camera far away from what area you want to look at, and will you need to zoom in on the area?

How far are you running the wire? Long runs may need 24 volt AC. Short runs can use 12 volt DC or 24 AC.

What kink of power supply will you be using? Will it have battery back up in case the power goes out and you want to keep recording?

Can you reach the camera standing on your tippy toes? Is it really high up?

Are these indoor, or outdoor, or combo of both?

What is the threat level? Bad neighborhood? Lots of cash in the business? High dollar value products, (diamonds).

What are the consequences getting caught on video? Now that you know what neighbors dog pooped in your yard, or the police want to know who threw the first punch, or how in the hell did they get that 3 ton safe out of the bank?

You want cheap?? For indoors get those 1"X 1" minicams, and use a drywall screw to bolt it to your ceiling or the grid of your false ceiling. These are very economical. There is a certain brand that I use in dark nightclubs, and bars! You have to have a lot of those beer neon signs, some rope lighting, pool table lights and various other low light sources!

Believe it or not it works!! I use very expensive cameras for the front door, the back door, and the office, and / or an ATM machine.

Please discribe you situation and someone here will be glad to get you the right product for the right price.

PS I have some mini cams that you can have for $1000.00 EACH! NO?

Come on I tried!!!!

LOL!!

The Extreme CCTV EX82's are nice, if you can afford them. - the ultimate Day Night Camera - with 100' of Infrared (30 degrees). They come in white or black housings.

Other than that, GE have a Day Night Box camera, and Panasonic also has a nice version with Wide Dynamic Technology, though they require bulky housings.

Bullet cameras would be the next option, a True Day Night IR Bullet (with a mechanical IR Cut Filter - or IRC as some of them spec it). Nuvico has a model, the NVCC-HW3895IR36N-A. There are other OEM brands that are basically just as good also. I've used the Eclipse 598HIMs in the past with success, out to approximately 50' of Infrared at 30 degrees.

Unfortunately the image on the EX82 or the box cameras will typically be much better than that of any bullet camera.

I am mentioning degrees in relation to the Infrared as that is the width of the Infrared beams in this case. For example, a 4mm lens is approx 70 degrees width. If you dont need the IR then no sweat, you can also simply disable that inside the camera.

Bottom line is what is the budget. Whoops I just noticed, $300, so you will need to look at the bullet cameras as mentioned above. the EX82's and even the box cameras will be well above your price range.

Rory

Thank you, Rory for the reply

I will check into the nuvico NVCC-HW3895IR36N-A and the Eclipse 598HIMs. I see that the Extreme WZ series cameras are not well liked so I will stay away from them, surprising that they are not good camera,s. Is there anywhere that is a good place to purchase the above cameras? Ive been looking around on the web and see a few places....

again thanks so much for your help.. Atleast I see the GE Storesafe is a thumbs up with rory.....

No prob, I would take a look at our banner advertisers first.

Eclipse is not sold as widely as the Nuvico though, down here we purchase the Eclipse from a wholesale distributor.