Ubon94

Avermedia NV5000 4x4 =16ch?

Hello

I'm new here

I have been building PC DVR for a while now but on no brand names..

I'm interested in Avermedia NV5000 4 channel card..

Have anyone ever done 4x4 of this card in one system to get 16ch?

If so how well does it works?

Any software issue with locking up, errors, etc..?

Thanks,

We build the NV5000 DVR's every day. If you want to do 16 cams you would be better off buying the NV6480 Express if this is a new DVR. The NV 5000 works well too with 16 cams but the NV6480 is a better card with a higher frame rate and better options. The cost would be less for the NV6480 Express than buying 4 NV5000 cards. We sell the NV5000 to folks who want say 8 camera but may want to add more later. Never have had a problem with stability with any of the AVer cards or software. To me the pictures are more clear than Geo as well.

Ispy, What do you think of the NV3000 for an 8 channel system?

Its much cheaper than the Geo GV650 so thats why I was looking at it ..

thanks.

Its a great system for low budget customers. The only draw back between the Geo 650 and the aver 3000 is frame rate distribution. The software allows you to adjust the frame rate up to 7.5 fps per camera but it won't let set say 1 camera to 10fps and another to 5fps like Geo does. You can only go as high as 7.5fps per camera. The next software upgrade is suppose to allow frame rate distribution feature on the lower end cards. This tends not to be a big deal but it is something to consider depending on your application.

Thanks.

Still sounds okay, it would be primarily for a budget system in this case.

Rory

NV5000 also supports HD CCTV whereas the NV3000 maxes at something like 800*600. Also the NV5000 can support many IP cameras (1 per port) whereas the NV3000 can only support 1.

Rory, PM me and we'll share some.

I've been interested in the Avermedia cards for a while too. What are the benefits of them over Geo? Geo is going to support HD CCTV IP cams in the next version thought aren't they?

Their cheapest card has a DSP output, thats really what got my interest away from Geo. Behind that the web services of the Aver is easier to play with then Geo's. Basically for me I was highly interested in the ease of integrating CCTV into other software or larger control systems.

Aver CCTV software doesn't play nice with most TV tuners. Geo's does just fine.

Geo has better motion detection and better IO control.

If Geo had an easy to use web services I would never think of anyone else, I just need direct access to the video streams. It seems it's very difficult to do with Geo.

It seems it's very difficult to do with Geo.

its very easy .. let me know what you need to know

I like aver's resolution better when using 720x480. Aver is a true 720X480 where as Geo uses a 640x480 image and stretches it to fit a 720x480. Not to mention Aver's new NV6480 express 32. Yep that's right, 960 fps on 32 cameras viewing and recording at 640X 480. Now that is cool!! We sold six of these this week already. They are also PCI express which gives them the capability to do that res at that frame rate.

Great looking card. Specs say it does 480 fps at 320X240 so I can't imagine it also does that at 640x480. I also looked at that 6480 card and it appears to be software compression (it didn't say anythign about it anyways). Can a software compression card really do 960 fps in 640x480?

* EDIT * Never mind, I looked up their comparisson chart and it claims the 6480 WILL do 640X480 at 480 fps for 16 cams, even though it IS software compression. That is impressive. It does claim that with 32 cameras, recording rates will remain at 480fps, but still, that is pretty good for D1 res.

I am really interested in testing a Geo card side by side with an Aver card now.

It seems it's very difficult to do with Geo.

its very easy .. let me know what you need to know

Any command line interfaces, sendmessage interfaces oractivex messages it responds to. That and getting a video stream out of the system, even if it's MJPEG.

Any command line interfaces, sendmessage interfaces oractivex messages it responds to. That and getting a video stream out of the system, even if it's MJPEG.

Yes there are a ton of them, as it is an active X, but to get all the public functions you need the version 7.0 activeX (which will also view 8.xx versions) or the 8.0 SDK. Even without that, the standard one has some public functions.

Simple example of a single ActiveX stream:

<- to be able to set width and height below

<- to autologin

<- to set the width

<-to set the height

<- to be able to set user and pass below

<- to set the user name

<- to set the password

<- to set whether it auto reconnects or not (eg. for a demo server that disconnects)

example ..

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/webcam/

tip: click the camera 1 button at the bottom to get audio

to help make it easier .. here is a single stream:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/webcam/asp/stream.htm

just do view source to see the code.

no prob

also, for java its this :

<- if being run from another server

<- selected camera

I gotta ask Rory, where did you learn to program so well? Did you take it in school? Your webpage demo witht he GV-System interface is excellent!

I gotta ask Rory, where did you learn to program so well? Did you take it in school? Your webpage demo witht he GV-System interface is excellent!

Thanks

Nope, no school, just trial and error, and 2 hours a night sleep for several years.

Any command

Yes there are a ton of them, as it is an active X, but to get all the public

thank for rory, but i have some problem. the problem is, why some pc can view the video some cant? i just copy the code and change the Ip, y?